"Shocked?" Dominic straightened his back "I called this from the beginning...partly. I knew that you were like her, and I let myself be blind again." He turned around and mumbled, "I'm so stuipid."

My stomach sank, my eyes bleeding towards him for answers. What did I do? My mind was so foggy...I just couldn't think straight. I remembered we were in the Chamber, then Grant took me. I remembered  a burning liquid poured into my veins right after he told me something. My hands...they held power. Or maybe it was my head? My mind held power? I wasn't sure, after that all I could remember was my consciousness fading away. A blur.

Celeste rolled her eyes at Dominic then glanced at me, "Whatever that was back there...just know you're still the same to me. I don't care what you are, unlike some people." She glared at Dominic

"It's not that--" He sighed, "--I just need something Evelyn. An explanation."

I shook my head, how the hell could I explain something I didn't remember? "I don't know...I can't remember."

"Oh she doesnt remember!" Dominic laughed sarcastically. "Of course."

"Evelyn?" Celestes soft voice contracted Dominics, "You don't remember any of it?"

"I remember we arrived at the Chamber. I was taken away..to see him. He told me something, then stuck a needle in my arm. I felt weird...different. The rest...the rest I can't remember."

Think Ev. Think. It was no use, everything was still so foggy.

"Celeste...please." my eyes pleaded towards her, "What did I do?"

Dominic and Celeste exchanced a nervous glance. Celeste took a breath and held her hands together, fidgeting with her fingers. "Well, you took out a few troopers, I guess"

"Took out?" I didn't understand.

"A few?." Dominic marched forwards, pointing his fingers accusingly at my trembling body. "She wiped hundreds of them off the ground with a swipe of her hands!"

I did what now? I sat up, fully engaged. How could I not remember?

"I know what you are." Dominic turned his angry eyes at me, "But I would like to hear the explanation come from your lips not mine."

Just try Ev. Try to remember.

Nothing.

Think god damnit.

And suddenly, like a spark in a flame...I thought. And my heart jumped. The words of what Grant told me reentered my head. All of it. What I was, what I could do.

The blur began to fade, and all the mush in my brain turned into a crisp clear ocean I could gaze right through. I remembered everything in a blink. After I used my power to escape from the white room that Grant held me in, Kyler and I bumped into Dominic and Celeste. A guttural alarm screeched in the distance...letting us know that we were on the hunt.

I couldn't see it clearly, but I knew the exitway would be flooded with an ambush. They would  just leave a door unguarded during a lockdown, they wanted us to walk out. To walk out just so they could pounce on their prey.

But I was no prey...I was the predator.

I took a breath and marched towards the door, the light carving into my vision. A luminescence of nature that reminded me how badly I enjoyed my freedom, how much I liked being A Rouge. I wasn't going to let those sons of bitches take me away. Twenty years I've dealt with their bullshit, and for twenty years that rage that fumed inside of me, the power in my touch was only brewing. Now, it finally would erupt.