🏹Mournful Memories🏹

Tommy closed his eyes, waiting for unconscious to come. His mind danced with thoughts, centred around the events of the past few days.

He decided to humor his self conscious and focused on a memory.

"I'm sorry, Tommy. I'm so sorry."

Tubbo's words made him flinch, even when just thinking about them. Mere moments before that, Tommy was thinking they would finally get justice, finally be liberated from Dream's control.

But when he heard those words from Tubbo, his hopes came crashing down. He still remembers the terrified, lost feeling. The feeling that hasn't yet gone away.

It's always in the back of his mind, ebbing away at his morale. Another memory flashed into Tommy's mind, playing before his eyes like a movie in first person view.

Tubbo was scolding him for attempting to blackmail Dream and making the situation worse. He felt the sting of burning tears on his cheeks when Tubbo called him selfish.

Tommy remembered feeling like his world was ending, no words to be said, but he spoke anyway. He remembered trying to calm himself, when the emotions got too much.

That's when Ranboo stepped in and attested to Tommy's selflessness. Tommy felt the small blossom of hope in his chest when he heard Ranboo's rant to Tubbo.

His mind flashed back to the exile. He was looking up at Tubbo, Quackity and Fundy who still stood atop the obsidian wall. He remembered seeing a helpless yet hopeful expression on Quackity and Fundy's faces.

When he looked at Tubbo, all he could see was a blank canvas. No emotions to be see, not letting anything seep out.

"Tubbo.. you're my friend!"

Tommy winced as he remembered the last words he said to Tubbo. The words he received haunted him even more.

"Goodbye Tommyinnit."

Tommy tried shaking out of his memories, trying to forget it all. More memories just flooded in, the compass, the beach party, the nether.

When he thought of the last one, he remembered where he was. He opened his eyes, seeing the orange glow of lava all around him.

He looked down at his wrist, counting down the seconds on the watch until the fire resistance ran out. He made sure he was far too deep for anyone to get him out. He didn't want to get out.

He watched the timer count down.

Five.
Four
Three.
Two.
One.

Tommyinnit tried to swim in lava.