🏹Ignorance isn't always bliss🏹

[Who's ready for some angst? I know I am.]

"Bright.." One of the first words that ran through the ghost's mind when he opened his eyes.

He remembered thinking that when he first woke up. First came into being.

That was one of the very few things he could remember anymore. Faces were blurs, names even blurrier. Even if he saw those people, his friends and family, everyday, memories only deteriorated with time.

No one cared for him, they ignored the ghost. He reminded them all of a president they once knew. A president who had lost his nation, and with it, his sanity.

Yet he still cared. The ghost cared deeply for those who didn't return the affection. He left Blue for them whenever he saw them sad or upset. He watched over them and played guitar sometimes while people were around. People started to get used to the offerings and watching eyes, enjoying the faint music they heard at times.

After a while, the offerings stopped coming. Blue no longer set out when someone was upset. Music no longer played from somewhere out of sight. And no one felt familiar eyes on them anymore. No one felt any concern until the second week of the ghost's disappearance.

Tommy was the first to start looking. Tubbo joined in. Phil, Techno, Eret, Fundy, Quackity, Ranboo and Puffy joined in the search. No clues came up. Tommy decided to go to the last place he thought of, a place where he and Wilbur had watched a tyrant plant his seeds of ruin upon their nation.

Tommy made his way up the ladder, getting to the second floor of the large circular tower near L'Manburg. He got off the ladder, turning around and freezing up. There, sitting near the edge of the balcony, was a guitar with blue stains on it, a note inbetween the strings.

He debated telling the others what he found, but something in him said the note was meant to be seen by him and one other person first. He pulled out his comms, messaging the person he thought might want to see this with him.

"So this is all he left, hm?" Fundy questioned, standing behind Tommy and staring at the guitar and note.

"Yep." Tommy took a deep breath, unsure if he wanted to read the note.

Fundy walked forward, putting a hand on the teen's shoulder. He stood with him in silence for a moment before walking to the guitar and picking it up.

Tommy watched as Fundy pulled the folded paper from between the strings and unfolded it. He closed his eyes as he unfolded the last one, opening them again and beginning to read out loud.

"Hello Tommy and Fundy. I know you two were bound to find this before anyone else. I'm probably long gone by now. I'm loosing it and I'm not sure how long I can keep going." Fundy paused, his eyes wide.

"This.. this was written when he was alive. Well some of it, I can tell the stuff at the bottom is new.." The fox stated, looking up at the blonde.

"Keep reading." Tommy sighed, walking to the edge and resting his elbows on the railing.

Fundy nodded and continued.

"Schlatt's smart at times, but his downfall is his addictions. I know he will take himself out sooner or later. Fundy, I don't think I'll ever find out your reasons for siding with him before I leave myself. Tommy, thank you for sticking with me for as long as you could." Fundy hesitated to read the next few lines, noticing the faint red stains next to the shaky writing.

"Tommy, look at this."

"Just- keep reading Fundy, I'll look at it after, please keep reading."

Fundy sighed, taking a deep breath and reading again.