I was exhausted.

I closed the door and went back to couch to play my game.

I checked the time before I groaned. Now I've to deal with Ashley.

I walked like a tortoise upstairs to my room.

I dressed up as 'Nerdy Alex', took my phone, keys, MacBook and longboard.

It was becoming such a chore.

I opened the main door, went out and locked it.

Ashley's house wasn't far. It was 10 minutes ride with my longboard.

It's been a while since I rode.

I sighed for a million times and started riding.

The sun was still out and the wind felt so good. The road was almost empty considering it was still late afternoon.

It was a bit uncomfortable riding with baggy clothes. But then again I want her involvement as little as possible.

I saw her huge house coming to the view. I still don't understand why people buy large house when it's just for 3 people. I'd rather live in a tree house.

I stopped in front of the gate. She lived in the next neighborhood which made my ride shorter.

I saw two guards guarding the gate. I rolled my eyes

Rich people.

Maybe her parents are into some mafia shit. That'd be cool tho.

I approached the guard. He was bald at the top. "I'm here to see Ashley" I said to him

He looked at me up and down and asked "Who might you be?"

"I'm Alex" I replied

He nodded and opened the gate for me. I guess she might have informed them in advance.

I walked past guards inside the gate and saw a huge fountain in the middle.

I shook my head and knocked the door. After few seconds a lady opened.

She looked in her late fifties,. She had gray hairs, had maid uniform on.

And they have a maid

"I'm here for Ashley" I said

She nodded and smiled. "Come inside. Miss Ashley was expecting you"

She had that motherly vibe, warm.

I went inside and looked around. I expected her house to be huge and sophisticated but it feels home.

The place where you come from a long bad day seeking comfort which I never got.

"Please sit down and I'll call Miss. I'm Margaret" she smiled at me warmly.

I nodded and sat down on the couch. "I'm Alex. It's nice to meet you." I genuinely smiled.

It was very comfortable. I just want to forget everything and sleep.

I guess her parents aren't home. I closed my eyes, it was peaceful.

I heard footsteps coming towards me, I still had my eyes closed.

"Don't tell me you're so poor that you don't even have a place to sleep and now you're sleeping here" I heard pissed Ashley.

I opened my eyes and frowned. I don't wanna deal with this.

Why the hell does she thinks I was poor? I was wearing expensive clothes.