Being a man doesn't matter

Hunter's POV

I'm at the room where the camp keeps all the art supplies. Anyway, I picked up the brush and started stroking some colors on the canvas.

I am making Y/n's portrait.

I hope she'll be happy.

Wait- isn't this a bit too much?

Won't she be weirded out when I show her this?

Oh no.

"Hi Hunter!"

"Aaaahh!!" And I accidentally threw the brush upwards and it fell behind me.

I quickly shut my mouth up, and turns around to see Y/n, suprised and kinda froze on spot as the brush smeared a paint on her forehead and cheek.

"Oh my god, Y/n! I'm so sorry!"

"No, no it's ok Hunter. It's my fault for interrupting you anyways." She said as she smiled at me.

Her smiles are always the best.

"So, what have you been up to?" She asked.

"Well.." I turned to look back on the on progress portrait painting.

"A portrait of who?" She tilted her head.

"Uhh, I'll show you later if it's done." I looked away, quite embarrassed at this rate.

"Hmmm.. ok! Anyway, Natsumi needed blue paint spray, do you by any chance have it or saw it around here?" She asked politely.

"Yeah! It's on that box right there." I pointed to the box, since there are a lot of boxes around.

"Oh! Ok!" She then went on her way towards the box that I pointed, and soon she found the one she's looking for.

"Alright, I have it! Thank you, Hunter!" She then ran off towards her way.

Haa.. I wonder..

If Y/n still looks at me as a man.

Y/n's POV

I ran towards Natsumi who was fixing up their own treehouse by the forest.

Yoichi and Hiro were on top of the treehouse to secure that the house was neatly attached to the tree. Keitaro was taking pictures for memories.

"Natsumi! I had the blue paint spray as you asked!" I told Natsumi.

"Throw it up to me, Y/n!" He yelled from the top for me to hear.

And so I did, as much as I can. Gladly, he caught it.

"Thanks!" He said.

I smiled afterwards. I walked over to Keitaro to see if he's having fun.

"Have you taken quite a lot, Keitaro?"

"U-uh.. yeah! Wanna see?" He asked. I nodded.

He gave me his camera, and I clicked previous to see the other pictures he got.

I guess all of this is going to be on his journal. Everyone's having fun! Even Yoichi.

As I clicked again on the previous button, I saw myself.
On this camera.
Smiling.

Keitaro then quickly snatched the camera back.

"That was.. nothing." He said as he walked away and took more pictures.

"Oh um, ok."

"Ooohhh!! Some fine treehouse you guys made." Yuri-nee-sama showed up out of nowhere, scaring me.

"Yuri-nee-sama.. please.." I said as I grabbed ahold of my chest to calm my heart.

"Oh- have you been drinking too much coffee, Y/n?" Yuri-nee-sama asked.

"N-no!"

"Anyway! I should report this to Sir Goro and for Yoshi to make some badges for all of you!" Yuri-nee-sama said, exciting everyone.

"Thank you Ms. Yuri!"

"Not so bad, old hag." Yoichi smirked.

"Yoichi! Sorry Ms. Yuri." Natsumi apologized.

"It's ok, Natsumi. Anyway! I must be off my way now! Ya'll enjoy your time! Tata~!" She then skips away.

"I'm hungry.." Yoichi said.

"Oh! I'll go to the mess hall to get some food! You guys stay here!" And then I ran back again to the mess hall.

Hunters's POV

I had finished the protrait just awhile ago. Now, I'm heading towards Y/n's cabin to just let her see it for herself without me.

Yeah that's my plan.

Until.

"Hi again Hunter!" It's Y/n! She's carrying a tray of neatly packed hamburgers.

Oh no

Oh no

Oh no

"I brought some hamburgers from the mess hall. Natsumi and the others are making a treehouse, aren't you coming?" She asked.

"Uhh well.."

Just show it!

Just show it!

"Umm.. there's something I'd like for you to see." I said.

"Oh? What is it?" She then lowered the tray down, which was the one she was holding.

"Uhhmm.." It's now or never.

It's all about being a man, be courageous, Hunter!

I flipped the canvas I had been covering for her to see.
.
.
.
.
.

"Hunter! I.. I don't think I'm even deserving to get a portrait of myself by some amazing artist!" She exclaimed.

"Yes..?"

"Hunter, it looks so beautiful!" She said, smiling widely.

"Oh! Y-you can have it if you want." I said as I looked away. Getting praised a lot from her made me feel so weak.

"Really?! What if I smeared something on that portrait?! I don't think I can take this! It's too precious if I dirtied it!" She quickly rambles. "No! No! It's fine! You can have it! It's for you anyway."

"It's for.. me..?"

"Mhm."

"Thank you, Hunter. Then.." She then looked around. "Can we hang that up on that tree?" She pointed at the tree near the mess hall.

"Umm.. may I ask why?"

"Well, for people here to recognize a true artist on this camp, of course! You need to be more confident in your art, Hunter. Or else noone would recognize you. Since, you said that this is mine, then I get to choose what to do with it." She smiled.

Y/n.

Why are you being so nice to me, like as if I were fragile..?

"Y/n.."

"Hm?"

"Do you..even.. look at me as a man..?" I said.

"What do you mean, Hunter? You're you. What's the difference of being a man and being.. just you?"

My eyes dilated as she just said that.

"So! Shall we put that there?" She then trots towards the tree.

Y/n..

As always.. you're so kind..

And then we put up the portrait, as she wanted.

°•°•°