A duel among fire

He rose from the snowy ground. The smell of burning metal hung heavily in the air. The heat from the fire had completely removed the normal chill of Krownest. Shaking his head he sat on his knees, trying to remember what happened.

"A supply convoy. No, wait, we attacked it, took it. AN INQUISITOR!" He jumped up, reaching for his lightsaber only to find an unoccupied hook on his belt. "Damn it."

"Looking for this?" She asked as she twirled his lightsaber. "Damn it." He felt her amusement. But something else was underneath it, a physical pain. "Well, too bad you've been disarmed." She said as she ignited her lightsaber then dropped his onto her blade. "Oh, how tragic." He narrowed his eyes, working out how to fight her now. "I can take you. Padawan." He smirked, she seethed.

She threw a chunk of burning Earth at him faster than he thought she could. Using the force to dash to the side he dodged the attack. Pulling his blaster from his hip he shot at the inquisitor while dodging the returned fire and trying to get closer to her. They stood no less than five feet from each other. She was poised to kill him.

Throwing his arms out he fired the repulsor while using the force to shrink down the area. He smiled when he felt her surprise when her lightsaber suddenly shutoff. "How did you do that!" His smile persisted. "The force of course." His smile only lasted a second longer as she threw her hand out and a volley of lighting erupted from it and raced towards him.

Suddenly the world around him faded and he saw what had to be a Jedi fighting, the Emperor. They were in a massive room, filled with thousands of semi-circular seats that doubled as podiums. The small green alien was fighting with his all, that was clear to see. 'The Emperor is the Lord of the Sith. That means Vader is the apprentice.' He swallowed down the lump in his throat that thought brought on. As the two fought on the Emporer stopped throwing the podiums and went to, what had to be an old reliable move, force lightning.

Time slowed down as the attack streaked across the massive room towards the Jedi. 'Underestimated him, I did. Caught his attack I did. Turned it against him I should have. This you will do.'

Just as fast as he'd gotten pulled into the vision he was returned to reality. Seeing the lightning coming towards him he held out his hand. Surprising not only himself but the inquisitor when he caught it in his hand. "Impossible!"

He gasped as the knowledge of force lightning suddenly came to his mind. 'I can do the same. I can return the lightning, or I can send my own.' He lamented, not knowing what to do. Should he just absorb the energy? Return the attack? Send his own? 'Inflexible the Jedi were. Malleable we should have been. Malleable you should be.'  Taking the old master's words to heart he pooled the energy in his hand, intent on returning the attack in-kind.

"Why aren't you dead yet!?" He felt it, she was livid. Being set on fire, then thrown from the transport followed by having her lightsaber sundered, and now her ultimate move blocked. Today was just not her day. He smiled. Kanan would be proud.

He closed his hand around the amassed energy of the lightning. He sensed her confusion at his move. She stopped the barrage of lightning with a huff and moved to raise her saber. But he proved too fast, or maybe the supercharged lightning was too fast. In an instant, the lightning sailed across the area. For a moment the fire's light was overtaken by the electric blue of the lightning.

He felt her frustration change to surprise then shift to fear as the lightning got closer and closer. He thought he had her but she vanished in a blindingly fast display of force enhanced speed.