Chapter 44

||Adriana's POV||

As the day came to an end, I made my way over to the bus stop.

I pulled out my earphones and untangled the wires and plugged them into my phone. As I waited for the bus to come, I sung lowly to bad guy by Billie Eilish.

So you're a tough guy
Like it really rough guy
Just can't get enough guy
Chest always so puffed guy
I'm that bad type
Make your mama sad type
Make your girlfriend mad tight
Might seduce your dad type
I'm the bad guy, duh

From the corner of my eye, I seen the bus approaching so I got my money out my pocket and walked closer to the street where the bus would pull up to.

When the bus doors opened and a few people got off, I walked on, paid, and went to find a seat in the back of the bus.

As I sat down near the window, I rested my head on the thick glass as the bus drove off. Rocking my head to song playing I looked straight ahead as more people came onto the bus.

As bad guy went off and lose you to love me By Selena Gomez came on, I got in my feelings a little while humming the song.

We'd always go into it blindly
I needed to lose you to find me
This dancing was killing me softly
I needed to hate you to love me, yeah
To love, love, yeah
To love, love, yeah
To love, yeah
I needed to lose you to love me, yeah
To love, love, yeah
To love, love, yeah
To love, yeah
I needed to lose you to love me

Growing up I was all for Selena and Justin but I'm so happy she's finally found peace and happiness or at least I hope so.

A tap on my shoulder caused me to jump and pull my earphones from out my ears.

I turned and looked at the girl sitting beside me. She looked to be Hispanic like me, shoulder length black curly hair, and brown eyes.

"Yes?" I questioned, lowkey already annoyed because I was missing my song.

"I heard you singing that song um what was it again? Lose you?" She asked.

"Lose you to love me." I corrected her. "And you heard me singing?" I asked, embarrassed that she actually heard me.

"Yes, I love that song." She chuckled.

"Oh my bad, I thought I was only humming, I'm trippin." I apologized, putting my earphones back in when she spoke again.

"Aye my name Carmen by the way." She added.

"Adriana." I smiled.

"You seem pretty cool, you from around here?" Carmen asked.

I paused my music before answering. "Yeah born and raised right here in Manhattan, you?" I followed up.

"From Brooklyn, moved here to Manhattan when I was young as hell, like five." She said nodding her head.

"Oh alright. How old are you?" I asked.

"18 girl, I know I look younger though." She said, swiping her hand under her chin.