Chapter 42

||Joaquín's POV||

As my blurry vision begins to get clear, I blink the crust from my eyes.

I roll over and hop on TikTok. Literally my obsession.

It had to be about 20 minutes later when I finally realized Adriana wasn't still asleep.

Its only ten in the morning. These aren't my sisters hours at all.

She already told me she was staying home today but I assumed she would sleep in like normal.

After using the bathroom, I walked into the living room where Adriana was fully dressed.

She had on some blue jeans, a orange graphic tee, a denim jacket and some multi color Jordan 1s.

"Um..." I say, standing in my pajamas.

"Get dressed, we're going out." She says.

"Really? Where are we going!?" My voice accidentally cracks.

Probably shouldn't yell In excitement with my morning voice.

"First we're going to Denny's for breakfast then we can either see a movie or go to an arcade, up to you."

"What's all this for? My birthday isn't until July." I joke.

She shakes her head at me before motioning over to the room for me to get dressed.

Turning on my heels, I speed walk back into the room, making my way into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I picked out a simple outfit. Some sky blue jeans, a white polo tee, and my Air Force ones.

"Adriana!" I called out.

"What?" She peaks her head through the door.

"Can you you put my hair In a low back ponytail?" I ask, not feeling like dealing with my curly bush today.

"Sure." She comes into the room, grabbing a brush and spray bottle from the dresser.

"You haven't wore your hair like this in a long time." She says, spraying the parameter of my hair with water before brush my hair back.

"I know, wanted something different today."

"All done, ready to go?" She says.

"Yes, let me grab my jacket right quick." I jog over to the closet. "Okay I'm ready."

———————-

When we got into the empty restaurant, I quickly made my way over to one of the booths by the window.

"Damn Joaquín! Slow down." My sister shouts from behind me but I easily ignore her.

"My stomach is making "bloop" noises, can we order?" I dramatically ask.

"Can a waitress come and hand us a menu first?" Adrianna laughs, sliding into the booth sitting across from me.

After about a minute, a male waiter comes over to our booth.

"Good morning welcome to Denny's, can I start you guys off with something to drink?" The waiter asks, sitting two menus down in front of us.

Without even looking at the menu, I already knew what drink I wanted.

"Could I have a chocolate milkshake, extra whipped cream and two cherry's?" I ask.