Chapter 46

||Adriana's POV||

As I finished straightening up the house, I went into my empty room and set down on my bed.

Another Friday night with no plans plus Joaquín is with Lucas so I was more bored than usual.

I decide to shoot Carmen a text since technically she's my only friend.

Hey, what you up to?

I toss my phone on my bed and grab my remote to flip through the channels.

I decided on watching Everybody Hates Chris as I waited for a text back.

Julius was going on and on about the price of some bread and I burst out laughing.

That man is so cheap it's funny.

A ding came from my phone so I checked it.

1 message from Carmen 🚃💚

Ain't shit really, my
friend tryna get lit because she just
got this job promotion. You?

             I'm over here watching tv
                   bout bored asf! 😒

You tryna come over?
We bouta get fucked up 🤣

              Word? I'll slide cause I ain't
                         got shit else to do.

Bet

After Carmen sent me her address, I walked over to my dresser to find something to wear.

I decided on some sky blue ripped jeans, a white tank top, and a brown hoodie to go with my brown Ugg boots.

I left my hair down and grabbed my house keys, purse and phone before headed out to the bus stop.

Surprisingly she didn't live too far away from me. Only about 15 minutes on the bus.

I walked up to an apartment building and shot Carmen a text letting her know I was downstairs.

As I waited inside her lobby, I noticed how nice everything looked.

I didn't realize I wanted to move until now.

I stood with one foot crossed in front of the other as I seen Carmen come out of the elevator.

"Hey girl!" Carmen greeted me as she motioned for me to come over to her.

"Hey!" I replied, reaching in for a hug which she joined.

She pressed the up button on the elevator before speaking again.

"You know, that was our first time hugging." Carmen pointed out just as the elevator doors opened and we stepped in.

"Really?" I asked because I never really realized.

She pressed the 15th floor button and we began heading up.

"Yup. So how was it? Am I a good hugger?" She joked and I pushed her shoulder.

"What type of shit is that?" I laughed and shook my head.

"Hey I just like good reviews that's all." She smiled as I followed her off the elevator and to her house.

When we walked in, my eyes immediately landed on the girl sitting on the couch.

She appeared to be on the shorter side with her dark brown curly hair in a slick back ponytail. Some dark denim jeans with a Nike t-shirt and some all white Air Force ones.

"Adriana this is Trinity. Trinity this is Adriana." Carmen introduced us to each other.

"Hi! You're mad pretty girl!" Trinity complimented me.