Chapter 21

||Adriana's POV||

The drive to Gabriel's house is awkwardly silent. Only hearing the car motor and the tires glide against the street.

"We're here!" Gabriel smiles and pulls into his mini driveway, more like the pavement if you ask me.

I hadn't even noticed we got here so fast, my mind is too jumbled up.

As we walk into the apartment, Whiskers immediately runs over to us, meeting us at the door. You would've thought she was a dog the way her feet pounded the flood.

"Hey princess, you missed me?" Gabe rubs on her stomach. 

She doesn't answer him, of course.

"Come on, lets get you some food and water." He signals her to follow him.

Me and Joaquín stand uncomfortably at the doorway. "Oh come in, make yourself at home." He says putting the cat food away and washing his hands.

I offer to help him cook but he insists that he does it everyday.

When dinner is done, we all sit on the couch and watch The Big Bang Theory, one of my all time favorites.

He cooked baked chicken breast, rice, and cheese broccoli. Yummy.

I was the dishes because I don't wanna feel like a waste of space.

"Here you go Joaquín." Gabe says passing him one if his t-shirts.

While Joaquín showers, we discuss the sleeping arrangements. "How about me and Joaquín sleep on the couch and you keep the bed?" I suggest.

"None sense." He chuckles. "You and Joaquín can take the guest bedroom, its only been used maybe two or three times." He points down the hallway.

"Okay." I say, making my way to the couch.

When I take a seat, I hear a big boom. "What was that!?" I turn to face Gabe.

"Sorry, I slipped. I'm fine. Everything is just fine." I hear him say sarcastically.

I can't help but laugh.

——————————————

"Here you can use my phone since you left your IPod home." I say passing him my phone and heading towards the door.

"Aren't you going to sleep?" He questions.

"Yes, I'm just gonna go talk to Gabe for a second." I ensure him.

When I walk into Gabe's room, he's walking out from the bathroom and when I look down and only see him in a towel wrapped around his waist, just below his "v" line.

"Oh gosh, sorry, I um- I was just coming to check on you before I went to bed, I should go now." I turn around to grab ahold of the doorknob when I hear Gabriel laughter fill the room.

"What's funny?" I ask nervously.

"You." He laughs again while walking over to his dresser. Im assuming to get clothes, right?

Why is he laughing at me? I can feel my cheeks heating up in embarrassment. I feel so foolish right now and I don't even know why.

"You're so adorable babe, here come sit." He pats the corner of his bed.

I walk over, keeping my eyes glued to the floor.

"Babe you can look, I don't bite.. all the time." I can see his smirk through his reflection from the mirror.

I just smile and begin playing with my finger tips. He's right, I should be able to just look at him when he's half naked and feel regular but I don't know why I feel so shy around him.

"Fine, if you wont look at me get dressed.." He passes me the remote. "Then watch some television?" He smiles but I can see his sarcasm right through him.

I laugh and roll my eyes and begin flicking through the channels.

"You smell good." I finally say.

"Thanks, so do you." He rubs deodorant under his arms.

"But I haven't even showered." I turn to face him.

"You always smell good." He slips his legs into his boxes then drops the towel into the hamper.

"Oh, okay well thanks" I feel myself blushing again.

"How bout we take the rest of the week off? And all of us do something fun." He suggests.

"Joaquín has to do his school work. I want the best for him." I shrug.

"Okay, I get it." He climbs on the bed with his back against the headboard.

"So..." He begins talking again.

"What?" I pause the show.

"Whats the real reason you wanted to come in here?" He says in a "duh" tone of voice.

"I already told you, I was just coming to che-"

"No, I heard the made up version, whats the real reason?" He laughs while cutting me off.

"Okay fine." I huff from being caught in my somewhat made up line.

"I just wanted to he near you." My eyes drops to the floor once again.

"Why?" I see his head tilt from my the corner of my eye.

Is he really asking me this dumb question?

"Because... I like being near you. It makes me feel.. good.. I guess."

Oh Jesus, what is this man doing to me?

"You make me feel good too." He responds.

Thanks God!

"Oh." I slowly look back at him.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He asks.

"Sure."

"Aren't you going to come lay next to me?" He laughs.

I'm starting to think laughing is his favorite thing to do.

"Oh yeah." I scoot back and rest my head on his lap.

I didn't feel hot until now.

——————————————
Ayeee I love this chapter so much lolololol like she's acting so shy and I just think thats so cute! Tell me what you guys thought about this chapter! What will happen next? Share your thoughts I don't bite lolol no pun there huh? Okay okay im typing too much lol so don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE! For more content!
EXCUSE ANY SPELLING ERRORS
Word Count: 963
- Ro❤️