Chapter 41

||Adriana's POV||

"I'll call you when I get off in a little bit." Gabriel said, standing at the doorway of my office as I packed up.

"Okay." I say flatly as I throw my bag over my shoulder, walking up to him.

"What's wrong?" He asks but I say nothing, walking pass him.

"Baby." His voice stops me in my tracks. "Did I do something?" He asks lowly.

I turn around to face him. "No, just been a long day." I half smile hoping he'd understand.

"You know you can tell me anything right?" He never breaks eye contact with every word.

"I'm fine Gabriel just a little tired, okay?"

Really, he didn't do anything so I couldn't let him think that. Like I said, I hate Mondays.

"Okay." He nods, walking up to me. "Talk to you later." He leans in for a kiss which I quickly reciprocated.

"Talk to you later." I respond.

The feeling of my body heating up gave me the sign that I should walk away before I had to lock us in my office for a few minutes.

When I got home, I set my bag on the counter, plopping down onto the couch next to Joaquín.

I grabbed the remote and changed the channel from Nickelodeon to MTV.

As I adjusted into my seat, Joaquín's sleeping body did the same.

He put his head on my lap, using it as a pillow I would assume.

He was out like a light. I guess he had a long day too.

The sound of Nick Cannons voice woke me up from my nap.

The last thing I remember hearing was "Wild n, Wild n, Wild n..." and its still on. Must be a marathon.

When I got up from the couch, Joaquín was no where in sight.

"Joaquín!" I called out.

Nothing.

I walk into the bedroom and there he was.

"I know right, girls are weird." I recognize Lucas voice from the phone.

"Facts." Joaquín agrees. He looks up to see me standing in front the bed before hanging up. "I'll call you later."

"You didn't hear me call your name?" I place a hand on my hip.

"No, I was busy." He replies, attitude in the air.

"Busy? Little Boy you've never been busy before." I chuckle, shaking my head.

"How would you know? You're never here." He spats, leaving me wide eyed.

"Excuse me?" My mouth practically falls open.

"You heard me." He folds his arms across his chest.

"Listen not right now okay? Seriously. You know Im here as much as I can." I try to keep my cool.

"I can't tell. And when you are here all you do is walk around like you're somebody's momma. You're my sister, remember?" He spats again.

This time, it hit me in my chest.

Keeping my cool was out of the window.

"How dare you talk to me like that!? You want to know the truth? You're Mother didn't give a fuck about us okay!? She treated us like a piece of shit! So I stepped up and became your mother when you had nobody else! Till this day I make sure you eat every night! I provide this roof over your head! Don't ever disrespect me like that again!" A tear falls from my eyes which I quickly wipe away.

Joaquín said nothing.

There was complete silence in the room.

"Sorry." He finally spoke, tears clearly in his eyes.

He climbed off the bed and walked over to me. "I didn't mean that. Me and Lucas was talking and he was telling me all these good things about his mom and-" He started explaining himself but I cut him off with a hug.

"Shhh, I know you didn't mean it." I ran my fingers through his curly hair. "Shit I didn't mean to raise my voice like that." I apologize.

"I'm really sorry Adriana, I appreciate everything you've given me. You know that." He says.

I shoot him a smile. "I know." I say.

"Get ready for your shower okay?" I tell him and he nods.

I walked out of the room to get me phone from my bag.

I had three missed calls from Gabriel.

Shit! I forgot he said he would call me.

Once I heard the shower water come on, I called him back.

"Hey baby." He answers the phone.

"Hey, I fell asleep earlier so I didn't see your calls." I replied.

"Figured, you did say you were tired." He says. "Your voice sounds a little shaky, is everything okay?"

"Is it that noticeable?" I shake my head even though he cant see it. "Joaquín told me something and I ended up yelling at him which made things get a little heated but everything's under control."

"Oh my God. What did he say?" He asks.

"I really don't want to talk about that right now. Its personal and overall too soon."

"Oh I'm sorry, I get it." He says.

"I know you really need all hands on deck for the launch but I really think I need to take tomorrow off if thats okay." I ask.

"Of course baby, take as long as you need. Thats why I have my assistant." He assures me.

"I bet she'd be happy If I was gone for a week." I snicker.

"Huh?" He questions.

Didn't mean to say that out loud.

"Nothing. I'll text you tomorrow okay?"

"Alright, I love you." He says.

"I Love you too, goodnight." I say before hanging up the phone.

Sitting my phone down on the counter, I make my way into the kitchen to start dinner.

I definitely needed a good meal after all that's happened.

I take the steak out the freezer to thaw out in the sink as I look for two sides to make.

After browsing through the fridge and cabinets, I decide on corn on the cob and mashed potatoes.

I walked into the living room to turn some music on to get me out of my thoughts.

Im an over thinker so I know I'm going to keep replaying me yelling at Joaquín over and over again.

Hopefully the cooking gets my mind off things.

The sound of Usher came through the speakers doing just what I hoped.

I sung along as I prepped for dinner.
——————————————
Another update in less than two days !! So proud of myself lol hoped y'all enjoyed this emotional roller coaster! What did yall think of Adriana yelling at Joaquín like that? What exactly did Lucas and Joaquín talk about on the phone?
Excuse any spelling errors!
Word Count: 1105
Ro❤️