ten

JUNGKOOK

It's been fifteen minutes since my diagnosis and Mr Silver Hair hasn't spoken to me since. He just scoffed and looked away. We're both just looking out into... whatever we're looking out into - mainly just trees. A lot of trees. And a soft dusting of snow. I sigh and think of Dae and how she's handling her first term in Cambridge.

January - a fresh start, it was meant to be a fresh start. I guess for Dae it was. It is a fresh start for her.

We're both thinking - that I know for sure. I'm starting to get clammy because I don't know how he should repay my money. If he repays me with cash and I need his expertise or power or anything, then I'll only just have cash. So I just think of the things he could help me with as a repayment.

"We'll be on this train for a while," I murmur. He looks slowly over at me.

"Didn't you know that?" he frowns.

"I did. My point is, or I guess I was trying to lead up to my point, what is your name?"

He laughs - that stupid laugh like he thinks I don't understand his situation. I glare at him.

"I told you. We're not about to become friends. You don't need to know me more than you already do," he always seems to be able to look down at me even though I have the height advantage. I audibly sigh and sink further back into my seat.

"What if wherever you're running to doesn't work out? You can't go back home, I'm assuming. I can't go home either if my plan fails," I say. It's a partial lie. I'm never going home. Dae's already bought a home. I'm just doing this so he feels a need to connect with me.

Fine. I'm manipulating him. But I don't intend to do anything with some rich dude's information. He can fly off a cliff for all I care.

"So what?" he huffs that arrogant huff.

"We'll become best friends and then what?" he presses on like he's trying to prove a point. It feels like all his sentences are him trying to prove something.

I shrug.

"Comfort. We're both running away. And I suppose after this train ride, we'll never see each other again. And I don't know who you are. I could never rat you out to anybody," I say truthfully. He rolls his eyes.

"What would make you trust me?" I ask, leaning forward, anchoring my elbows on my knees and balancing my chin on my hands. I'm uncomfortably close to him and I can feel him squirming.

"Are you just bored?" he asks flatly, his chin rising defiantly, still not looking at me.

"I'm just lonely," I smile sadly, leaning back.

"That's just creepy," he mutters, crossing his right leg over his left and resting his hands on his right knee. The train rattles beneath us. I nod in acknowledgement - I am being a bit too creepy. I blush slightly at this realisation.

A mile crawls by.

"I'm Jimin," he says softly - more to the window than to me. I snap up and look at him. I want to make sure he actually said that and it's not just some hallucination.

"Really? Your name's Jimin?" I ask in surprise. I'm not surprised at his name - I just never thought he'd actually tell me. Rich people are so uptight - as if everyone just craves to learn everything about them.

"I'm nineteen," he continues.

"You don't look nineteen," I comment innocently. He glares at me sharply. I shrug.

"I've always wanted to run away," he smiles bitterly.

And that's the last thing he says for five minutes. I smile slowly.

"Jimin - the boy who was nineteen and the boy who's always wanted to run away," I say. He looks at me.

"What was that?"

"A synopsis to who you are as a person. You're nineteen and you've always wanted to run," I comment.

"I haven't always wanted to run, you know. No one just wants to pack it up and run for no reason. I'm more than that," he says wistfully. I look hopefully towards him, like he's about to start pouring his life story out.

"I'm not going to narrate my whole life to you right now, if that's what you want," he says, a slight smirk tugging at his lips. I cross my arms and chew my lips.

"Will you listen to my story then?"