ELEVEN

A/N: The given GIF is what Ava White would look like if you didn't know already....but I have no idea if she is who I've casted because I'm like Dory and I have bad memory so I'm not sure but I think I'm right??? Btw, when this chapter takes place, it's been about a week, mostly because I haven't been motivated recently so just stick with it. Lmao. Also, this chapter is based off of the song "Falling Like The Stars" by James Arthur, so if you wanna listen to that during the last <><><> then go for it, it sets the mood. :)

"You know I really think that you should just.." Sirius dragged on as he gestured to Ava, who was sitting at the other side of the table, talking to Lily about Merlin knows what.

"What?" Peter asked, clearly confused.

"What he's trying to say is that he thinks you should just go over there and, I don't know, maybe sit with her-well too late." James said, gesturing toward Ava as she got up.

Peter looked at her when she got up. He noticed the little things about her the more he looked. He noticed the way her eyes squinted when she smiled or laughed. He noticed how she pursed her lips when she was trying to to laugh, or he noticed how when she was focused she would lick her lips or bite the inside of her cheek.

He liked those things about her, the little things, the barely noticeable things. He loved the way that her eyes lit up when someone was talking about something that interested her. That's why she always had a passing grade in her Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Ava always had a knack for defensive spells and how to use them properly.

"You're staring." James whispered in Peter's ear, causing him to jump and let out an exasperated sigh.

"Really?" Peter asked, sarcastically as he sipped his water.

"Really." Sirius finished and he got up to leave, along with James and Remus taking sips of water and getting up as well.

"Hmm." Peter got up and he followed his friends out of the Great Hall. Peter noticed a couple of girls drooling over James and Sirius strutted out of the hall. He and Remus shared glances and snickered as they watched their friends being fawned over.

<><><><><><>

"Wait, how do you make Amortentia, again?" Ava asked Lily as they both sat outside in the courtyard, scarfs and robes bundled on them to keep them from the cold.

"Well..." Lily breathed in, trying to figure out the answer. "I don't know." Lily sighed with a laugh as she looked back down at her book.

Ava laughed as she got up from her spot on the frosty bench and stooped over to grab her books but when she got back up, books in hand, they were shoved from her hand.

Ava fell onto Lily's lap, knocking her flat on her but, seeing as she was getting up to follow after Ava. "Oh my god!" Lily exclaimed as she fell back down, Ava falling right next to her. "You okay, Ava?"

"Yeah, I'm fin-" Ava started but was cut off by laughter that made her blood boil.

Ava got up and reached out a hand for Lily, in which she took happily as they dusted themselves off. "What do you want, Malfoy?" Ava gritted her teeth as she emphasized the word, "Malfoy".

"Oh just havin' a bit of fun, eh White?" A boy said behind Lucius, his thick Irish accent coming through.

"And who are you?" Ava cocked an eyebrow, sincerely wondering who this boy was.

"Cal, Cal Saruman." The boy winked at Ava.

"Ah, The Saruman family, eh?" Ava smirked.

"The one and onl-"