ONE

Word Count: 610

Ava White was a beautiful girl, that much was clear. When she walked down the bustling halls of Hogwarts, her looks turned the heads of many people. But what struck the minds of the Mauraders and many others was how Peter Pettigrew, a boy who's head never turned at the sight of someone, watched as Ava White gracefully walked the halls with her friend Lily Evans. His eyes traveling every inch of her body.

"Helloooooo! Peter!" James stretched his words out as he waved his hand frantically in front of the blonde headed boy who's eyes were stuck on a specific girl.

Peter quickly averted his gaze from Ava to a dumbfounded 16 year old James Potter whom was curious as to what he was looking at.

"What?" An annoyed Peter slurred as a result of having to avert his gaze from the girl just a few feet away.

"You know staring is impolite, Wormtail." James smirked at Peter.

"You can't say shit, Prongs." Peter retorted knowing James's unconditional obsession with Lily Evans.

"Touché" James nodded in defeat.

The three boys laughed at James's defeat and Sirius and Remus made fun of the boys obvious crushes. While the two laughing boys kept making jokes, James and Peter exchanged looks and shook their heads while smiles being tugged at the corners of their mouths.

<><><><><><>

Ava was listening to her friend, Lily talk to Marlene McKinnon on and on about their piles of transfiguration homework in the hallways. In the midst of listening, her thoughts were interrupted by a conundrum(I heard this word ONCE and I think it means like...loud or group???) of laughter not too far away. She turned her head and looked at the four boys known as the Mauraders were laughing a fit in the halls not necessarily caring about the few stares they were getting.

Ava longed for that kind of friendship the Mauraders had. Sure, Lily and Marlene were fun and sweet, and caring but most of the time Marlene was studying in the library for charms that she absolutely loathed while Lily's time was spent rejecting poor James Potter's advanced towards Lily Evans. So, in all seriousness, she was alone most of the time.

Her staring was then cut off by a boy who she knew as Peter Pettigrew returned her gaze. She looked into his eyes and saw nothing but coldness. She wondered why he looked at her like that but put on a smile while with the others. She sent him a smile but got nothing in return. Only a turn of his head.

Her smile faltered as she looked back over to her friends. "Staring at Pettigrew, are we?" Lily smirked, while Marlene smiled biting the inside of her cheek trying to contain her laughter at her friends exposure.

Ava rolled her eyes at her red headed friends comment and smiled. "Not exactly.." she replied, stealing yet another glance.

Lily's eyes faltered just as her smile and asked, "Pardon?"

"I just wonder what that type of friendship feels like? I mean, I love the friendship I have with you two, don't get wron-" Ava was interrupted by Lily's small smile and pitiful eyes as she said, "I know what you mean, Ava, I get it. I think we all long for a lasting friendship but sometimes.." she paused thinking of her next words, "but sometimes we don't get hat ending." Ava looked at her and said, "I know, what's life without a little imagination though?" Ava smiled.

"I guess imagination is the right word." Marlene finally spoke up as a small smile crept to her lips as she tilted her head slightly.