Sixteen

Hogsmeade. Everyone was there on the weekends, buying food, pranks, and other things they could get. 

"Lucy, wait up!" A girl yelled at Lucy, who was skipping through the streets of the town. 

"Oh, come on! Have a bit of fun, Allie!" Lucy turned around to face her friend. 

Lucy turned around but was caught by almost knocking over a certain blonde-haired Slytherin.

"Watch it, White!" Lucius sneered at the girl below him. 

"Sorry, Lucius." Lucy felt small underneath his gaze, like she was to break at any minute. 

"Say, where's your sister, eh?" Malfoy smirked. 

"I don't know." Lucy mumbled, her gaze not tearing from the ground. 

Lucius hummed and was about to push her to the ground but his arm was shoved to the side by Sirius, who had seen the commotion not far from where he was. 

"Black." Lucius sneered. 

James Potter had come round' the corner, looking a bit mad, but kept composure. 

"Potter." Lucius' tone was much more snarky than it was before. 

"Haven't got a problem, do we?" James sniffed a bit from the cold but looked Lucius straight in the eye. 

One of Lucius' goons had stepped out of the dark right before James reached Lucius. That "goon" was Cal Saruman. 

"Oh god here we go." Sirius muttered under his breath. 

"Must've forgot to lock the zoo today. Never knew you fucked monkeys, Millie." James licked his lips as he looked over at a brunette girl that stood with Malfoy. 

"Always fuck you instead, dickhead." Cal pulled out a pocket knife and put it up against James' cheek. 

"Don't have primates for mates." James snickered. 

Cal traveled the knife down to a letter that was folded in James' belt buckle and jabbed it with the knife. 

James let out a heavy groan, then a laugh. "Oh, fucking killer, baby!"

The other boys snickered before James put on a straight face. "Oh, come on then brains. It's not hard." James stood still as Cal glided the blade of the knife over his cheek. "Push."

Cal laughed as he took the knife to his chest and lightly jabbed him once more. 

"Come on, that's enough!" Sirius pushed the knife away from James and gave a glare to Cal. 

"Just fuck off." Cal declared, letting out a breathy chuckle. 

"Millie," James looked over at Millie and gave her a glare. "My guardian angel."

"Lads," Sirius examined the group of teens. "Always a pleasure." Sarcasm laced his voice.

Sirius gestured for Lucy and her friend to follow, and she did. 

Lucy and Allie followed close behind the two Gryffindors, the breeze washing over them as they all went to the Black Lake. 

<><><><><>

(TW: talk of infertility and grief.)

Ava had been having pains in her stomach for a while now. Not that she was nauseous, but she was in pain a lot and had to make trips to Madam Pomphrey who would just tell her she was fine and send her back to class. 

"Madam, it really hurts!" Ava exclaimed through the excruciating pain. 

Madam Pomphrey finally recognized she was actually in pain and decided to test something. After about twenty minutes of testing, Madam Pomphrey  gave Ava a potion to help with the pain. 

"I'm sorry, Ava." Madam Pomphrey's head hung low as she spoke. 

Ava tilted her head in confusion. 

"You're infertile, meaning you cannot bear children." 

It felt as if Ava's world crashed down on her. As if her heart had literally been broke. 

"I am truly sorry." Madam Pomphrey spoke once more before returning to her other patients. 

Ava had never thought about having kids and she sure wasn't sure if she wanted any but even if she did, she knew that possibility would never come now. Though, Ava was not going to cry. She was done with crying, no matter how much she wanted to. She felt no need. So, Ava left the hospital with a blank face and a broken heart. 

Her breathing was ragged as she walked through the halls. She had no idea what she had just heard, well she did, she just didn't want to believe it. Ava knew there were some women and men in her family that had not been able to give or conceive children, but she never thought she would be one of them. 

"G-godric Gryffindor.." Ava muttered the password to the common room and stepped inside the elegant painting. 

Not one of her friends in sight. 'Must be at Hogsmeade.' Ava thought to herself as she walked up the stairs, afraid her legs might give out. Ava did not want to tell anyone, but she knew that if she had to tell anyone, she would tell her mother, she would understand.  

Ava reached her dorm and once she got there, she took off her coat and shoes, seting them beside her bed. Ava crawled on to the bed and under the red, satin covers. The sheets were cold against her warm body. She drifted off to sleep. 

<><><><><>

James sat at the edge of the lake, smoking a blunt while Allie was doing her schoolwork. Lucy and Sirius were sat at the edge of the tree near the lake. 

"Are you alright?" Sirius asked, examining her face.

"I guess, he didn't hurt me, I'm fine." Lucy breathed out, rocking her body back and forth against the tree. 

"Good." Sirius felt awkward in the situation and he knew they had to talk to Ava.

"I know what you're thinking." Lucy looked up at him through her blue eyes.  

"What?"

"I know you're thinking we have to tell my sister and I know we do, but she hasn't been feeling well lately and I think we should hold off till she gets better." Lucy said what was on his mind, but he didn't know Ava wasn't feeling good. 

"I guess you're right." Sirius breathed in. 

"Bit scandalous, though." Lucy broke the silence that ensued. 

"Yeah?" Sirius chuckled a bit, looking over at Lucy. 

"I mean-"

"I know what you mean, Lucy." Sirius smiled at her, Lucy smiling back a bit. 

Sirius kissed her cheek as he got up from the ground, placing his hand out for her to grab. 

"Come on." Sirius gave a smirk and raised his eyebrows at the blush that formed on her cheeks. 

"Ok?" Lucy took his hand and he pulled her off the ground. 

Sirius looked over at James who sat unknowingly. A mischievous smirk played at his lips and he led Lucy over to him. 

"Do it." Sirius had pulled out a black rock from his back pocket and handed it to a smiling Lucy. 

Lucy took the rock and threw it at the ground next to James, causing it to blow up next to him. 

"Bloody fucking hell!" James spit the blunt out of his mouth and moved backwards. 

"Language, James!" Sirius snorted as he and Lucy went back to the tree and sat back down, still laughing. 

"That was fun." Lucy breathed out as she leaned against Sirius' shoulder.

"Yeah, it was." Sirius closed his eyes as the back of his head hit the tree behind him.  

A/N: I'm thinking of doing a few more chapters of their school life, then I'll get more into when they turn 20 and 21. How would you guys like me to set that up?