TWENTY

Peter and Ava were sitting on the couch that was placed in the living room, a peaceful silence engulfed them. Ava was sat reading a book with cup of tea on the table beside her, a coaster holding the little cup of flavored herbs. Peter was sat next to his lover, using a hard cover book to bare down on as he wrote a letter to Sirius, telling him the news of the soon coming baby boy, who's name was to be Harry. Of course, Peter was scared for the boy who had not been born, for the dark lord was uprising in fame just as he had planned, and was now on route with his plan to come after the Potter family. 

"You're too focused." Ava spoke, getting rid of the silence, even though it was a comfortable one. Something the two could share, but not often. 

"Am I?" Peter hummed, raising his eyebrows as well as his head, but not yet tearing his eyes from the parchment he was writing on. 

"I know you are writing, but I am hungry," Peter smiled at his girlfriends words. "Would you like something, Peter?"

"No, my love, I'm alright." Now, he looked up from the parchment and sunk the quill back into the ink pot and placed the parchment, as well as the ink, on the table beside him. 

"Alright then." Ava pushed herself off of the couch and walked swiftly over to the kitchen, her frame walking through the archway. 

Peter had watched as she walked, her hips swaying and her mood confident, though he wasn't sure why. He loved it, nonetheless. 

Peter began to let his thoughts go as he looked off into the distance of the fireplace, lighting the dim room. The night dawned and the cicadas were whistling away in the night. The moon was bright but the moon was not yet full, thankfully. Peter shivered at the thought of Remus' temper so close to the full moon. Sure, Remus was a very lively person and a good friend, but he was scary when you pissed him off. Especially so close to a damn full moon, the one thing he thought to burden his entire existence. 

Peter didn't know what it was that brought him out of his trance, but he could sure count on the gut feeling he had to go check on Ava. Peter hurriedly scrambled from the couch and strode into the kitchen where she were, cooking dinner for the both of them. The smell that emitted made his stomach grumble. 

"I knew that you were too caught up in writing to actually know if you were hungry or not, so I decided to just cook for the both of us." Ava smiled, not taking her eyes off the pan in front of her that held veggies and soy sauce mixed in.

"Thank you, darling." Peter sighed, a bit tired from the aroma of the night. 

Ava hummed, turning off the stovetop and taking the pan off of it to pour it into a bowl. Once that had been done, she walked over to the pot that had noodles in it, the boiling water almost overflowing and bringing a sense of nostalgia to Peter. The sense of a home-cooked meal overflowed his senses and mind. Ava lifted the pot off the stove and drained the noodles of their water over the sink, some water still left. Ava mixed together the veggies and noodles, the smell heavenly. 

"Le diner est servi." Ava spoke French, startling Peter a bit as she set the plates down on the table. 

"French?" Peter smirked and Ava smiled, humming in response. 

"Won't you sit down." Ava smiled, walking back over to the sink and pressing her hands behind back as she leaned. 

"The only way I'll sit," Peter trailed, stalking over to Ava who was avoiding his gaze. "Is if I get desert later." The words he spoke made Ava's knees go weak and for her to shift and squeeze her thighs together. 

"I-uh.." Ava mumbled. 

"Speak up, love." Peter smirked, putting a finger under her chin to make her look at him. 

"Anything." Ava leaned in for a kiss, but put a finger to his lips before he could kiss her. "But, only if you do the dishes. I've done my part, you do yours." Ava giggled. 

"Anything." Peter spoke lowly, almost in a whisper before the two settled down at the table and ate, both of them extremely ready for it to be over. 

<><><><><><>

"What are we going to do!?" Lucy placed her hands on her face as she sat on Sirius' bed.

"I don't know." Sirius sighed. 

Lucy had been going on and on about what could happen if they had told Peter and Ava the truth. In truth, Sirius had been getting a bit irritated, but, he understood where she was coming from. Ava was a woman you didn't wanna see mad and when you did, whew. It was a shit show. 

"What do you think?" Lucy took a deep breath, trying to calm her worrying, but only asking Sirius what his opinion was would only make it worse. 

"I don't know, Lucy!" Sirius pulled the cigarette from his mouth, the smoke emitting from his nose and mouth. 

Lucy stood a bit shocked from his outburst, but understood where it came from. Lucy knew she could be a bit nagging, she knew she could be a bit annoying and an overthinker, but that was just how she grew up. Always afraid and turning her head to look over her shoulder. 

"I'm sorry, Lu." Sirius rubbed his face tiredly, putting out the cigarette with the heel of his shoe before walking over to the distraught girl in front of him. "We'll tell them," Lucy sighed into him as he had his arms linked around her waist. "Soon."

"Ugh." Lucy pushed out of his embrace, leaving him a bit confused. "You always say, 'soon' but you never mean it, Sirius!" Lucy complained, and she was right. 

"Lucy-"

"It's like you're scared to tell people! The only person I'm scared to tell is my family, but the people who aren't my family, fuck them." Sirius raised a brow at her choice of language, knowing he had rubbed off on her. "Just stop fucking stalling!"

Sirius scrambled over to her in short strides due to their distance, but still managed to catch her off guard when he kissed her. 

"Sirius-" Lucy placed her hands on his chest.

"Do you want me to stop?" Concern laced his voice as he looked at her, but then it dawned on him. 'She's not ready, and she underage.' Sirius though. 

"I-I don't think I'm ready, at all." Lucy was sure she wasn't ready and she was thankful Sirius wasn't mad. 

"Hey, that's okay. Listen," Sirius lifted her chin with his hand and pecked her nose, making her smile. "You're ready, when you're ready."

"Thank you." Lucy sighed.

"Come." Sirius pulled her with him as they reached his bed. 

Lucy shifted a bit, catching Sirius' attention. "I only want to hold you, like we used to."

"Okay." Lucy smiled crawling into the bed with him, their body heat enough to keep them warm against the cool air that flowed throughout Grimmauld Place.