Confessions at the Aphrodite Cabin

Will
"Nico di Angelo!" I practically shouted as I plopped down next to Piper in the Aphrodite cabin.
"Okay calm down. Now what about him do you need help with?" Piper instructed
"Well I'm not sure how to proceed from here."
"Nico is a difficult puzzle"
"I know that's why I came to you"
"You want to treat him like he is made of glass at first. Be gentle and make sure that he doesn't break. If he starts to pull away let him and you shouldn't start contact he should be the first one to make a move."
"Wow that's good advice! For how long should I do this?"
"Until he requests it or makes a snide remark on how he always has to prompt the love."
"And after that?"
"You should ease in rather than jump. Try to initiate some contact but only if he seems like he would be willing to continue. If you see even the slightest of hesitation stop and ease right back out. Once he gets used to physical contact them you can become less gentle. Now he is a balloon. He is tougher than glass but can still pop into tiny pieces."
"And how long should I do this?"
"Wait until he initiates closer contact like a kiss then you can ease into phase three."
"Which is...?"
"You can start contact but let him as well. Remember you're partners. You have to equally share the special moments. Phase three is indicated when hand holding and hugging and simple contact become excessive."
"The next part is?"
"You shouldn't have to do anything to be cautious at this point. Things like kissing and always staying close become regular and it almost seems overwhelming but eventually the intimacy will slow down to a comfortable rate. This is when it's safe to propo-"
"Wait wait wait PROPOSE?!? You have got to be kidding me! It will take that long for our relationship to form? I can't believe this!"
"Will you didn't let me finish. By that time you will be old enough depending on how fast Nico develops. My estimation is that each phase will take six months to two years. Which, in theory, at most would bring Nico to the age of twenty two and you to the age of twenty four. So in theory you could propose without it being weird."
"Okay thanks Piper I'm grateful for your help and support."
"Will I am not done"
"Ugh fine"
"Do you want me to help or not?" "Please continue..."
"Do not dive in. Nico is not ready to do that. He will break under the pressure. And I have one more thing to ask you. Am I allowed to tell anyone?"
"I would prefer that you didn't. Bye!"
I was halfway out the door when Piper responded with a curt "bye"
Nico should be in his cabin at this time of day. I knocked on the door to be polite and then twisted the knob. It was locked. Maybe he's at the one of the other camp activities. I started to walk over to archery but ran into someone coming out of the Athena cabin.

"Whoops! Up you go! Are you hurt?"
"Oh hi Solace."
"Death boy? What are you doing coming from the Athena cabin?"
"What are you doing coming from my cabin?"
"Touché"

We walked back over to Nico's cabin. I wanted to bring up the fact that he had talked to Piper who had droned on and on and on until My ears felt like they were going to bleed but I didn't want to tell him that, I, his amazing hero was unsure about what to do.

"So...how's life?"
"What?"
"Is it happy disappointing or sad or what?
"This is pointless Solace."
"Sorry there was an awkward silence and I felt the need to fill it."
"I think you feel the need to fix everything even if it doesn't always need to be fixed."
"I guess-"

I stopped talking abruptly and had to look twice to make sure that I wasn't imagining things. No I wasn't. Nico di Angelo was holding hands with me. I still couldn't believe it. When we got to Nico's cabin I realized that I was still holding hands with the son of Hades. Nico dropped my hand to unlock the door and I found myself sitting next to Nico on one of the extra beds that were never filled.