Nico

Shortish chapter. 14.3K views and 991 votes! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! THANK YOU WONDERFUL PRECIOUS READERS!!!!!!

I stopped immediately causing a few people to crash into me. I stood my ground still trying to process the flat beep. The doctors started up CPR and I stood there. If he didn't live, I would no longer see his dazzling smile.he wouldn't ever bop my nose or make me laugh with his stupidity. He wouldn't pick me up and sling me over his shoulders, pretending to practice for a fire in the infirmary. He wouldn't childishly grin at me anymore. The spot right next to me in bed would be a cold and desolate place because we couldn't snuggle together.

I fell to my knees and just stared at the floor. Why me? Then I crawled to the edge of his bed and leaned against it with my knees pulled to my chest. I tilted my head up and stared at the ceiling. All of the sudden I heard a steady beeping sound. He was alive! I stood up and rushed to his side, ignoring the other people who were trying to get me to move. I ran my fingers down his jawline and smiled with those idiotic tears in my eyes. Someone dragged me to sit down on my bed and I followed blindly, still in my happy daze.

I looked over as I heard someone sit up suddenly. He started cursing at the doctors telling them that they should have let him die. His eyes softened and his shouting died down when they landed on me. I looked down at the floor and then back up at him. He muttered something. It was barely audible but I caught it and grinned. He had mumbled the first couple of words from a very familiar song. So I retorted with the only three words that came to mind. "My only sunshine."

His eyes widened in shock and soon, we were both grinning like idiots. The people were still moving around Will but as soon as they left, I ran to him and wrapped my arms around him. He pulled back and had tears running down his face so I absentmindedly wiped them away with my finger. "You remember!"
"Of course you idiot. You gave me enough shock to kill a horse!"
"I'm sorry. I just...it wasn't you. I couldn't-" He hung his head and I pulled him against my chest. "I meant nothing that I said. I was being completely irrational and my brain was malfunctioning. So forget all of it because it never happened. As you said; it wasn't me." He sniffled and grinned. "That's not what I said. I said that it wasn't you and you just said it wasn't me. So technically it's not as you said." I just rolled my eyes and shook my head. I let go of him so that I could get up and he grabbed my arm, dragging me to him. I looked up at him and he smiled down at me and then his lips were on mine.

Oh! I almost forgot to tell you! Ten chapters of fluff coming right up! I might throw in a little confrontation about the cutting but after that there should still be major fluff. So yay! Fluff for you and less of you that despise me!