Nico

I am a horrid author aren't I? I have failed my dedicated readers by not updating for what feels like forever and was probably like a month. I apologize for that but luckily I should be updating more since I am FINALLY out of school. I am sorry about the shortness of this chapter but I promise to update soon. In my extended absence I seemed to have gained readers so that I now have 6.96K views and 488 votes. Could someone please explain to me how in the world that happened because right now I am stunned that you guys even like the processed baloney that I'm giving to you. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP WITH THAT PLEASE BECAUSE RIGHT NOW I'M HAPPY AND WHEN I'M HAPPY BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO MAKE ME NOT HAPPY AND I DON'T WANNA BE NOT HAPPY. I REALIZE THAT THAT WAS A DOUBLE NEGATIVE AND LARGELY IMPROPER GRAMMAR SO IMMA SHUT UP BEFIRE I RUIN IT MORE.

I blinked a few times and saw Will's smiling face staring down at me. I jumped back startled and hit my head against the wall. He laughed and pulled me up against him, gently massaging the back of my head and kissed my nose. "Happy Birthday" he whispered and I blinked twice before turning red because I had forgotten my own birthday. He went to go get up and I groaned causing him to smirk. He kneeled next to the bed and rested his chin on the mattress. He booped my nose and then ruffled my hair. He stood and went to sit down on the bed.

There's nothing wrong with that except he was going to sit on the part of the bed that I was currently occupying therefore sitting on me. I scrambled up and literally kicked his butt pushing him onto the bed closest to mine. I grabbed my clothes and dashed into the bathroom screaming because he was after me with a look of vengeance in his eyes. I took a quick shower and got dressed. I opened the door a crack and peered out. I then stuck my head out and saw that Will had left the room. I came out and put my dirty clothes in an empty drawer. I went to the dining pavilion for breakfast because I figured that I had slept through the bell. I looked at the sky trying to guess the time and it looked like it was half past two. So I was correct but I had also slept through the lunch bell. And I was hungry. I groaned because I knew the harpies would not be to happy if I asked the to make me something. When I finally got there, I found it empty except for an bowl of macaroni and cheese along with ribs and a healthy serving of broccoli. I frowned at the green stuff and ate the rest of my food. I got up to go find a glass for a drink and when I went to the cabinet I saw an envelope sitting flat on top of a glass. I picked it up and saw that it was addressed to me. I opened it and unfolded a piece of paper that was inside.

Dear Nico,

You have to eat your broccoli.

With tons and tons of love,
Will

I blushed and quickly shoved the note into my back pocket. I went back to the table and glared at the vegetables. I didn't want to eat my broccoli but Will often did crazy things to try and get me to eat healthy so it was a little weird when all he did was write a note telling me to. I ate my broccoli. It took a lot of gagging and trying not to puke. At one point I had to find a glass of water. Except because I was choking down broccoli, I was thinking about that nasty food so it gave me a broccoli smoothie and I quickly corrected the mistake. After I got the last piece swallowed, I watched as an envelope shimmered into existence on the plate. I rolled my eyes at Will's ostentatious letters. They were cursive which was torture for my dyslexia and they were golden.

Dear my beautiful Nico,

Don't you think the weather is perfect for a day on the beach? We would need an umbrella though if we didn't want to get fried. What do you think? Down near the dock?

Forever and always yours,
Will

I headed straight to my favorite hiding spot. I saw a beach umbrella standing abandoned in the stand. It was closed so I opened it. Another letter fluttered out.

Dear adorable Nico,

We seem to have lost track of time! My cabin was supposed to go rock climbing today but as soon as we got there, the infirmary needed extra hands so I had to go help out. The kid I treated had a cold, severe burns, and a broken leg.

Your adorning boyfriend,
Will

I went to the infirmary and found the patient Will was talking about sleeping in the east wing. He was cute with brown hair long eyelashes and a tan complexions hat was only marred by some blotchy marks on his arms. I noticed an envelope labeled Nico on his nightstand. I grabbed it and made my exit only to have my arm grabbed by the poor kid. I have had this happen before and Will had taught me how to get out of the situation. I moved closer to the boy so that the arm became relaxed and slowly moved away again. He was still latched on so I tried gently tugging on his fingers to see if his grip would loosen. It wouldn't. I carefully grabbed his other arm making sure to not touch the scorch marks and put the envelope under my arm. I then slid open a nearby drawer that had medical supplies and grabbed a feather. I made small circles under his chin with the feather and the arm not gripping my own tried to scratch at the itch but couldn't so he released me and scratched under his chin. I walked out of the infirmary and opened the envelope.

Dearest Nico,

I hope you didn't have any trouble with Jack. He does like to hold onto to things. I am hanging out at your cabin currently because I have finished up with my paperwork and as you could tell, the infirmary has all of my cab inmates tied up.

Your one and only true love,
Will

I stomped across camp and flung open the door. I took one step inside and turned in the lights. I was completely shocked. I had like twenty people inside of my cabin and they all just jumped out and yelled at me. My jaw was hanging open and they landed on the banner strung overhead that read 'Happy Birthday Death Boy!' I was then dragged behind Will to a cake. It was almost completely black except for silver writing which said the exact same thing as the banner. There was fire and singing and then I was told to blow out the candles and make a wish. I wished for this to be over with soon so that I could just be alone with Will.

Will kissed the top of my head and guided me toward a table with a stool next to it. Pushing me down onto the stool, Will started passing me various packages full of different items. I got some Stygian Iron ninja throwing stars which were awesome. I got some interesting looking books and a couple of CDs. Will slid a box to me that had a whole bunch of labels saying this side up, do not shake, etc. I carefully peeled off the skull wrapping paper and opened up the box only to be attacked by a puppy. It was a golden retriever and my gods above was it adorable.