Will

NO MURDERING OF THE ME RIGHT NOW. I AM HOLDING NICO HOSTAGE. *picks up random weapon of choice and holds pointy/shooty/hitty/bitey end at Nico's head* HE DIES IF I DIE. ALSO WE ARE NOT TURNING THIS INTO A REAL LIFE VERSION OF 'Misery' SO YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO HUNT ME DOWN. I HAVE A PREWRITTEN PART WHERE NICO DIES VERY EMOTIONALLY AND WILL POST IT IF I THINK AN ANGRY FANGIRL IS COMING TO MY LIVING SPACE TO MURDER ME. Now that that's all cleared up... You guys must love me right about now. Am I right? Can I get a 'whoop whoop!' for that last cliffhanger? *crowd grumbles and some grit their teeth while saying 'whoop whoop' in the most threatening way possible.* Hey. I killed Cynthia. There isn't any way that she could come back...or is there? I'm just kidding! Or am I? MUHAHAHAHA! Sorry. There is no way I can guarantee that this chapter won't end in a cliffhanger. You'll have to read to find out. So guys. Guess what. You know how some people ship Jason and Percy? (Best bromance ever) It is mainly referred to as Jercy but hey. You can also call it Person. Cue all the unknowing minds exploding. Oh oh and hey. After all this crap I'm piling on Solangelo is cleared, I'm going to do at least ten chapters that are strictly fluff, so you have that promise to keep you going. The biggest cliffhanger in that would be whether or not Nico gives in to Will's relentless acts of public affection. Or is it? Isn't it cool how if you add a question behind every statement, it automatically makes you rethink how reassuring that statement was? Okay...even I was confuddled by what I just typed but continuing. Oh I forgot! Feels here. Use tissue boxes as needed.

I was lying in the grass in a sunny field. It was silent except for the rustle of the tall grass around me. I stood and looked out over the clear field. I saw that some of the grass stalks had been broken and bent, meaning someone or something had recently walked through here. I love followed the little trail of crushed stalks. As I followed, I noticed that there was blood on some of them. I instinctually sped up. I dashed beside the trail of scarlet red and finally found who it belonged to. I crashed to my knees, head pounding.

Nico.

He was soaked in blood, bruises and cuts covered his visible skin. His pulse was weakening by the second. He was dying yet he managed to choke out his last words, tears in his hurt eyes. "Why did you do that Will?" He let out a shaky breath and was still. I laid my head on his chest, searching for a heartbeat, a faint inhale, anything to indicate that he was still alive.

I sat up and stared at the sky with my dead beloved. He was dead. Nico was dead. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. What had I done? All of it was my fault. All my fault. I screamed. I shot up and only then did I regain my bearings. I was in a bed in the infirmary with Nico snoring softly in a bed next to me. He wasn't dead. I let out a sigh out relief and shook my head to clear my thoughts. I started to stand but I got a little wobbly. I grabbed onto Nico's bed and managed to get up to where his head was. I stroked his face and softly brushed the stray hair strands out of his face. He tossed and my forehead creased. He must have been having a nightmare. It sounded like he was muttering my name. I smiled at his sleeping face and walked back to my bed. Just as I was tucking the bed sheet around me, he slowly sat up with a groan. "What time is it?" He wondered out loud. "Good morning sweetheart!" He tossed me a bewildered look and turned his attention to the clock on the wall. "Crap. I'm in the infirmary aren't I?"
"Yup."
"Why?" He muttered, more to himself then me but I decided to answer him anyways. "Well you see, I was trying to heal you and I had no one to push the damage off onto so I was consuming the pain and you told me to stop and I didn't and then this black cloud shot out around you and we both must have conked out."
"I don't know you, much less recall going on a quest with you." My smile faltered and then was replaced by a look of confusion. "What do you mean? You know me! I'm dating you and I don't think you would date me if you didn't know me." His stare turned deadly as his eyes narrowed to slits. "I have never had a boyfriend and I never will. And if I did, it would never be you." I felt my heart shatter. I fell back into my bed and let the sting of his words eat away at me. Then I laughed, my lost loved one gawking at me as if I was crazy. Through my laughter, I managed to squeeze out a couple of words. "The gods....they hate me!" It was an almost gleeful shout. I was laughing so hard that tears poured out of my eyes. At some point, I switched from laughing to crying. Sobs racked my body as I wept like there was no tomorrow. Nico had pressed the button to call his nurse by now and was glancing at me every so often as if he was embarrassed to even look at me. He pushed the button fifty more times and finally someone arrived.

Spring pushed open the door quickly and ran to Nico's side. "What is it?" He simply pointed a finger in my direction. I could see the disgust on his face. The face that used to look at me like I was his world. That face belonged to the boy who had played silly little games with me. I could no longer brighten his day by tapping his nose and saying boop. I couldn't curl up with him in a bed and listen as he mumbled in his sleep about how much he loved me. Now he wouldn't even talk to me nicely much less help me get through the onslaught of nightmares that haunted me. Rather than kiss my cheek then turn away with his face cherry red, he would just turn away. He would forget me. Forget that I existed. Forget that I laughed with him rather than at him. He would forget that he told me his fears and didn't hide them. Forget how I hugged him. How I kissed him. How I loved him.

Spring rushed to me and tried to comfort me. I had grabbed her and hugged her fiercely. I wept onto her shoulder and she stroked my head. I sniffled and she asked what was wrong. She smiled at me encouragingly as I tried to get the words out. "He...he doesn't know...he forgot...me." The last word escaped as a sob and Spring gasped. She brought her hand to her mouth and I wrapped her in a hug so I could comfort myself. She just kind of went limp in my arms, whispering something about a sinking OTP.

My tears finally reduced and a couple of minutes later, Spring stopped rocking back and forth muttering about ships and I even heard a couple Solangelo's tossed in there. She checked all of my wounds. "You are free to leave. You just need to watch that bruise on your back and no strenuous activities. Make sure to come back daily to get the wound on your leg redressed. You may be head of the Apollo cabin but we still need to do it for you." I nodded and high-tailed it out of there. I couldn't bear to be in the same room as him. A lover who hates you is almost as bad as a lover who ignores you.