Holy Hades!

Nico
I was full of so many emotions that night when I ran off after my conversation with Will. I felt like puking the little scraps of food that he had forced down my throat. I was excited and nervous and confused and embarrassed all at the same time. I had sprinted until I reached the beach where I then hid under the dock. I needed to take a moment to process what happened in the previous conversation. Will had pulled me aside during the campfire to talk about something. I went with him because I had assumed it would be about something that happened in the infirmary. Nope that wasn't what Will had in mind. Will Solace Son of Apollo had asked me out on a date. My heart pounded against my ribs like it was trying to escape from my chest. Once I had snapped out of my panicked daze I heard footsteps and the soft soothing sound of his voice gently calling my name. The golden skin of his legs came into view and I shivered thinking of shadow traveling but decided against it due to the fact that he would hunt me down and kill me if he caught me using my powers. I listened to his footsteps thump to the edge of the dock then came a harder thump and sigh. I decided to come out of hiding. I had to clear my throat because Will was sitting with his back to me and had his head in his hands. When Will looked up and saw it was me, his eyes lit up like lanterns. I stood stock still in the sand and Will rose slowly as if afraid of spooking me.

"I didn't run away because I don't like you." I blurted out
"Then why do you go running away from me whenever I start to get close to mentioning getting serious?"
"I just... I have...um... I find it hard t-to express my feelings.
"It's okay, it's not like I bite or anything." Will teased lightly.
"I'm just...used to keeping all my feelings in... I-I have a hard time getting them out without being flustered."
"Oh that makes sense."
"It does?"
"You're afraid of rejection and getting hurt emotionally. So to protect yourself you never put your heart out on the line."
"Uhhh...sure?"
"That's okay though because I have done the same. I regretted it but now I don't because I met you."

My face looked like a tomato now. How did Will know exactly how I felt? It was kind of creepy. He stopped talking and I was extremely glad. I ran up to Will and gave him a hug. I was going to force myself to come in physical contact if it killed me. Even though I was prepared that didn't mean I didn't shiver upon contact. The tingle ran through me like I was a ghost. It wouldn't stop at all. Will looked bewildered at first but then his eyes softened as he let his arms fall around me as the shiver got stronger.