|83| ~Deadly Poison~

Zacznij od początku

"The Wilde Wolf is under my protection," Claire steps from behind me once again attempting to stop the inevitable.

"My fight is not with you, Half-breed queen," his blazing amethyst eyes, flicker in the direction of Claires. "I'm only here to claim what rightfully belongs to my Prince,"

"She belongs to me," I declare taking a step in his direction.

The lapdog has the audacity to ignore me and decides to focus on Claire.

"Besides, you have bigger challenges at hand," he gloats, and not even a second later a shitload of viscous venom flushes through my veins.

Literally, making me feel as if my life force is being drenched out of my body without any warning, no aid. In all my centuries of living, I've never experienced anything of the sort, and that alone causes chills to travel down my spine.

That's precisely when I feel it, feel him. Nicklaus is hurt. He's slipping. Our bond is fading away.

"Claire," I attempt to warn her as I fall but in the next second, the pull from our bond hit's her as well.

Then another rush of hot acid flushes throughout our communication line as each and every memory that Nicklaus and I have ever shared floods my brain like hot liquid causing my brain to overload and then out of nowhere it's gone.

Our bond is dripped away and discarded like it was nothing. It no longer exists.

Nicklaus, my brother is dead. He's gone.

Claire's penetrating screams fills the air.

Embry's POV.

Speck and Celine must have been running like two bats flying out of hell because once I entered the underground tunnel there was no trace of either one of them. Plus, my typically heightened senses seem to be useless at the moment due to the recent blast. There is just so much going on all at once. It's way too easy to lose focus and my wolf has decided to take a moment for herself, most likely preparing for the upcoming battle against our very own kin. She needs her rest.

With that thought, I rely on my human senses to lead the way as I take in the damage that has been done around me so far.

The once magnificently glorious red house now is a battlefield bathe in blood. The smoke from the recent explosion can not be contained and the overly grand floors from above feel like they are nearly seconds away from collapsing on top of my head.

It's a mess. Oh, my Goddess! It's just so unreal.

The thick black smoke is seeping in from above, messing with my heightened senses.

I'm trying my hardest to track down the others but in this sort of chaos how could I ever?

It's just so hard to believe that my people are the cause of this type of destruction.

How could they!? There is no doubt that so many innocent vampires lost their lives tonight. So many innocent families were the real ones to suffer. My head begins to feel dizzy, vision becomes blurry and suddenly the contents inside of my stomach begin to flip as the thought of all the innocent children that were upstairs when the bombs set off, and that's when everything spills.

I begin to empty out all of my vile contents all over the floor.

I said it once, and I repeat it again this is all so unreal. Through a haze, I catch of glimpse of myself from the mirror that's on the side of me.

What a wreck!

Blood is everywhere, clinging to my body like a second skin. My hair is incomplete dismay, a few bruises can be identified on my pale skin and my normally bright and alive hazel eyes are swollen and red-rimmed. It's obvious that I've been through hell.