|5|~The Charade of Falling Stars ~

Unedited.
Embry POV.

The Night is young.

The big and bright glowing moon hangs beautifully in the dark blue, black, and grey sky.

The pure white snow seems to be deep enough to jump inside and swim. The cool breeze of the fresh and crisp winter air dances throughout my hair. The glowing flame from the bonfire sparks blissful light on this lovely winter night.

I love nature. Nature is a part of me and will always be.

I'm a wolf after all.

My brother is out scouting the village borders. My sister is most likely chasing tail. I haven't seen the village keeper Koda and even my Lycan guards are out of sight. There is so much going on around me and I probably won't be able to locate any one of them if I wanted to.

The hunter was right. Uncle Maddox's mate Mecca is alive and well. She somehow managed to escape and will be returning home to The Northern Village soon. The news has brought forth tremendous joy throughout the wolf communities. Including, the little village of Quebec, and they are currently hosting a Celebration.

I stand alone, placing as much distance between myself and the festivities.

I can't find it in me to celebrate and I feel extremely bad about it.

I should be joining the others, laughing, dancing, drinking, and praising my Goddess herself. My chest should be swollen with joy, not inflated with tremendous sorrow.

Now, don't get me wrong it warms my heart to learn about the Northern Luna safe return. I never met her, but she is my uncle's mate which means she is like an aunt to me. She is a part of the Wilde family. It's just her homecoming has officially sealed my fate.

My mating ceremony was originally scheduled for two moons. But, someone came up with a bright idea that my uncle and I ceremony shall be on the same day. He plans to reclaim his Luna and Prince Ethel plans to place his claim on me. With that being said, we are to return to The Northern Pack territory at once and the moment I step into my uncle's land. I will be claimed before the night's end.

Ruq advised that the Lycan King and Queen were also on their way to the Northern Pack territory. This will be the first Bonfire that they shall attend in werewolf history.

In conclusion, I'm officially doomed. So the only thing left for me to do is ask my mother for strength and guidance during my journey.

When I was just a pup, my father would tell me many stories about the stars and the moon.

He believed that light from space takes a long time to reach our eyes. He also believed that when you look at a star you are looking years into the past. This means that a soul, from the past may be looking at the same stars that you're looking at in the same moment.

Something similar applies to the moon in his eyes. He explained to me that when you look at the moon, you are looking one second into the past. If you lived on a distant planet and shined your telescope on Earth you would see it how it was hundreds of years ago

This is a strong belief of all Wilde wolves including myself.

I also believe that my ancestor is somewhere in the past, looking at the same star and moon that I am currently viewing right now.

In my mind, it is my mother. When I was younger I would sit on the beach and speak to her through the stars and the moon. Praying to the moon Goddess herself would whisper my words inside of my mother's ear.

I bring myself to my knees, embracing the cool blanket of freezing ice snow, hold my head up towards the sky, and then pray.

"Luna Goddess, I ask that you listen to my prayer and guide. I ask that you carry my voice throughout the wind into a time long before you blessed me with the gift of life," I say out loud," staring directly at the glowing moon.