|96|~ Reinforcement's ~

The King and The Queen in media. Awe, this is about to be fun. I love writing about Nikclaire.

Embry POV.

A week later

All our luggage and bags have arrived, been unpacked, and our belongings have been neatly placed in the closets before our arrival. Although, I don't see the point of bringing any items along because the closets are already filled with even more belongings that I've never encountered before.

We're back at Cyrus's penthouse.

The final resting place of my cousin, Kaya.

My heartache all over again just thinking about her.

With each passing second, my eyes begin to water, and teardrops pour as I continue to dress. My furry little friend whines with me and then begins to lick my leg.

For the moment, it's just me and him.

Celine downright refused to enter the building. Instead, she went to join my family and Speck decided to tag along with her. Abigail is with her mate. My guess is that the two of them are somewhere making up.

Upon arrival, I overheard the commander apologizing to her and stating that in his eyes Abigail could do no wrong.

Their love story seems to be promised, everlasting love. She's so lucky.

I on the other end, seem to have been placed in a never-ending tragic love affair. Cyrus and I still aren't speaking. We haven't even seen each other since our encounter with the media.

Once, I was informed that we were relocating I was so anxious! I didn't know how the travel would go, but I knew for a fact that we would migrate here together.

Imagine my surprise, when King Luscious was the one who escorted me to this hell of a home. If I'm going, to be honest, I must admit that fact alone hurt and I know it sounds pathetic but it did.

I should welcome the space. I should be grateful.

However, after everything we've been through I just thought that he loved me enough to know that returning here. Back to this place where my cousin was brutally murdered that he would be here to help me through this pain.

You would think that despite our differences he would be here to show me that he loves me and would stand beside me regardless.

Obviously, I was wrong and the worst part of it all is that despite his lack of emotional companionship, or concern for my mental well-being I still miss him. Tremendously.

I just wish that he was here.

But you know what they say, be careful what you wish for.

It's like the goddess heard my prayers and delivered me to evil herself.

At least, that's what it feels like as the door opens and he enters the bedroom. Our eyes meet in the mirror and I'm lost. Just like that, my heart rate speeds up and I can't peel my eyes away from him.

He looks nice and sharp....flawless..... and regal. I'm dull in comparison that's for sure. He's in a way better shape than me. His jaw is clean-shaven, and his mahogany brown hair is wild, yet somehow styled perfectly.