|97|~The Blood Gathering~

Unedited.
Embry POV.

King Nicklaus Estate (Boston, MA)

"Don't spoil a good story by telling the truth. -Isabella Stewart Gardner," quotes Jadis as the five of us stroll through the old Isabella Stewart Gardener Museum, which is now Nicklaus home whenever decides to retire to Boston.

The girls and I've arrived here a few minutes ago. We've made it here before the men, which makes perfect sense when you consider the fact that us girls arrived here by the private royal jet and the men are arriving by cars.

Claire's new guard Raphael that she refers to by the name of Mr. Meany two point 0 is also here with the lot of us. He's a very serious man, who hasn't spoken a word. He just sits back and observes. I kind of feel bad for him, Claire alone is a lot to handle but when you include the rest of us girls.

That's a lot of responsibility if you ask me.

Well, Claire and Jadis are double trouble! Victoria and Abigail are both kind of chill, especially Victoria. She's very reserved and I consider myself to be very laid back for the most part.

So, when you take all that into consideration I guess Raphael's job can't be that bad. Right?!

Anywho, there are also three separate armies of toy soldiers here to protect us. Claire said that she has no clue why they're here because we can protect ourselves better than they ever could but I disagree. My father always said that's a pack of wolves is better off than a lone wolf. It's always good to have an extra layer of protection just in case.

Besides, there is no way that our mates would allow us to go anywhere unguarded.

Nope, not a chance.

"Can anyone withstand a fearless, kick-ass woman with a vision?" Jadis continues to give us the 4-1-1 about the infamous Isabella Stewart Gardner. According, to Jadis she was one hell of a woman that was way before her time. "She was kind of like you, Claire mixed with your beloved, awkwardly enough."

"Instead of slaying vampires she was slaying human men. She was a maverick during a time when women were supposed to be seen and not heard. She was a feminist." She smiles.

"What's a feminist?" Victoria questions.

"A kick ass woman like ourselves, who supports the rights of other women!"

"So we're considered to be feminist humanists?" asks Abigail placing pointing fingers hand underneath her chin.

"Yup!" Claire answers for Jadis.

"And how do you know this?" Abigail questions Jadis. "Now, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that all of the boarding school is centered around a more slave appropriate curriculum?"

"They are for now," says Claire. "But Jadis's upbringing was a little different. Nicklaus raised her into she was old enough to be inherited by a mistress."

"The coursework he assigned me was a lot different," Jadis explains. "He still taught me the typical slave academy bullshit for appearance's sake, but for the most part, my studies were very colossal and extremely diverse. I'll be more than happy to help expand your knowledge, Lollipop," offers Jadis.

"I help Claire with her studies all the time."

"Jadis is my personal study guide," Claire leans over and says to me and Abigail.

"And mine," tells Victoria.

"She's been helping us with the work that our tutor assigns to us and trust me when I say that she's a lifesaver," informs Claire.