|98| ~The Challenge~

Unedited.
Embry POV.

Halsey's- Castle in Media, is the perfect song for this event.

"Firecracker," he makes his presence known to both of us. He's so quiet, not even my advanced senses were enough to detect him.

To my left, I hear Claire's soft beating heart skip several beats. This time her entire body seems to glow. It amazes me how the exhilaration of undeniable joy can be detected as it sparks fireworks inside her soul.

There is no doubt in my mind that she's head over heels for him.

*********

Looking at the King standing in front of her, I can see why. The two are perfect together, matching one another's everlasting beauty in every way. Nicklaus cleans up well, looking regal and wealthy in his black tuxedo with a black bowtie, dark gold cummerbund, and black and dark gold sash. His silvered-cerulean eyes are illuminated behind his dark gold Roman Style masquerade mask.

"You are captivating," he says to Claire because she is.

Claire looks like a Goddess in a stunning sheer and dark gold floral one-sleeve mermaid gown and a dark gold Roman Style masquerade mask which is identical to the mask that her beloved is wearing. Her makeup is flawless and her vibrant gold waves have been styled into an extravagant classy updo. Her golden crown with the memorizing emerald stone that matches her legendary pendant is secured on her head.

There stands a Queen.

"Here stands a queen in her own right," a deep baritone voice whispers inside of my ear before he kisses my cheek.

"You look stunning, sunshine," he tells me but he's the one who looks rather stunning if  I do say so myself. His black tuxedo has an identical emerald green silk waistcoat and bowtie which matches my gown perfectly. His most fascinating shade of golden eyes looks like melted honey behind his black wolf masquerade mask which pairs perfectly with my delightfully dazzling diamond embezzled wolf masquerade mask.

My attention is placed on the staircase when I hear footsteps approaching. More than a few figures are walking down the grand staircase. Abigail's big, bright, and ocean blue eyes behind her feather royal blue masquerade mask are the first thing I see as she clings to her mate Vlad. She looks like magic wearing a Royal Blue Halter Mermaid-style evening gown. She's so bomb.

Just like the rest of the males, Commander Vlad matches his beloved in his striking black tuxedo with an identical royal blue silk waistcoat and bowtie.

The two of them are equally quite the pair, together they look enchantingly good. Everyone does the way that Jadis and her mate whom I now know to be King Cornelius killed the scene with their classic white and black attire. To be more pacific, Jadis is heavenly angelic in her all-white Ruffles Tulle A-Line Split Beaded One Sleeve evening gown, and her dove ruffled masquerade mask.

King Cornelius is as hot as the devil himself in his classic black and white tux and his hauntingly blue eyes behind his black masquerade mask can snatch away the purest soul out of anyone's body. Even Victoria looks devilishly hot in her sparkly firey red-the-shoulders mermaid-style gown with feathered trimmed ends.

King Xander is her date for the night when you take in his black tuxedo firey red bowtie, cummerbund, and sash.

Wow! The two of them together would be a match made in heaven or more like a devilish pair.

They truly do look amazing. They all do, every single vampire king present cleaned up well.

Seneca is dressed to the nines as well in his sharp and well-fitted black tuxedo. That his stylists paired it with a black cummerbund, bow tie, and mask that makes his icy eyes pop. Classic and cool.