Chapter 5: The Wookie Prisoners

Hera backed away from me, a cautious look on her face. I put my light saber back in my backpack, where I had pulled it out of.

"You're a Jedi?" Hera seemed to have relaxed once I put my light saber back into my pack.

"Yes. Ezra is too, but he doesn't know."

"Why don't you tell Ezra what he is?" When she asked me, memories flooded back. Being with mom, dad, and Ezra back at home. The Imperials coming, and the both of us running.

"I have to run from the Empire just for what I can't help. I don't think that Ezra is ready. I can't even train him properly, so it is best in his interest that he doesn't know."

I thought that Hera was about to respond, but Kanan called her on the communicator, and she had to respond. I didn't listen, I just stated out the giant window in front of us.

I stated dazzled at the scenery, and almost fell out of my seat when the ship started flying away.

"Does that happen to you a lot?" It was still just me and Hera in the cockpit, everyone else must have been in the back room talking or something.

"Does what happen a lot?"

"You just stare into space, and you have this odd look in your eyes for the longest time, then you just snap right back as if nothing happened. At least that's what it looks like you just did."

I remember Ezra bringing it up once, but I had lied to him and said that I was just taking in the view.

"Yeah, it's one of my many odd talents." I didn't fully lie, I just didn't tell her everything. That's technically not lying, right?

Hera just steered the ship off the planet, and we flew into the sky, gradually fading from a orange red to a white specked black blanket.

I remember mom telling me once that every star in the sky was a Jedi watching over us every night.

Hera pushed a handle, and we flew off into hyperspace, all of the stars blurring in the window.

"Hey Shadow, why don't we go check on everyone?"

"Sure, Hera." She put the ship on auto pilot, and hopped up from her chair.

We walked down the hallway, and were nearly ran over by a fleeing orange and white astromech droid, closely followed by Zeb.

Kanan, Sabine, and Ezra were standing by the loading ramp, talking.

Kanan started telling Hera something about wookie prisoners going to a planet, but I was half listening. I felt something.

I felt a sort of shift in the air around me, Kanan sounded like he sort of paused in his sentence.

I shrugged it off, not paying attention. Stuff like that happened to me and Ezra all the time.

Sabine walked up to me, her helmet was off.

"Shadow, how do you feel about going on a mission ?"

"I'm game." Sabine smiled.

"Good, Ezra will stay in the cockpit with Hera."

About ten minutes after, we came to an Imperial starship, which was carrying Wookie prisoners to a planet for slavery

"Alright, the Ghost is hooked up, let's go." The door that took us into the starship was opened up by Kanan, and we filed in.

I pulled my new blaster out of my holster, and shot a stormtrooper, whom was guarding the hallway.

We split up, and were searching for the prisoner cells. I was walking down a hallway when I heard footsteps running down the hall, and Ezra yelling.

"Guys, get out of here! It's a trap!"

I poked my head out of the hallway just in time to see a door opening, and stormtroopers firing.

I fired back, my bullets finding their targets very quickly. I made my way up the hallway, where everyone else was. I was beside Ezra, who was firing with his slingshot.

"Come on, you two!" Zeb was waiting for us in the doorway.

"Ezra, go!"

"Not without you."

"I'll catch up, just go!" I pushed him forward, and we both sprinted to the doorway.

Ezra dove to safety, and I was about to follow, but I felt someone grab me, and pull me back.

"Shadow, move out of the way!" Zeb had his blaster aimed near me, but he couldn't shoot with me in the way.

"Can't you see that I'm trying?!" I was struggling against the person holding me.

"I'm sorry, Shadow." The door closed, and the Ghost, and my brother were gone.