breathe (request)

requested by @manicmalfoy

Summary: Draco and Y/N "hate" each other, but when something happens to Y/N in class, things change between them.

Warnings: descriptions of a panic attack, angst, fluff, mentions of abuse, some sexual tension 🙈

House: Gryffindor
Year: 6

A/N: ty for requesting, hope u like it! p.s. there's no voldy in this. also guys I've been listening to "West Coast" by Lana del Ray and omg it transports me to another dimension I stg

(slight tw: mentions of abuse & descriptions of a panic attack)

•••

You closed your DADA book, sighing in exhaustion after the hours of studying you just did. Rubbing your eyes tiredly, you checked your watch. 10:07 p.m. It was a few minutes past curfew, and you slightly grimaced in worry. You were hoping you'd make it back to your dorms without getting caught.

You gathered your stuff and made your way out of the library. You stood at the door for a second, peeking out to check if there was anyone in the corridor. When you saw that it was empty, you walked out the door.

You made your way through the halls, lightly smiling to yourself at the current calmness of the castle. Almost everyone was in bed, a silence surrounding you as the warm lighting gave you a sense of comfort.

When you were a little more than half-way to your common room, you heard a voice from behind you, "Caught you."

You immediately recognized him as Draco Malfoy, also known as the biggest fucking git in the school.

You stopped in your tracks, slowly turning around with a worried facial expression. The blond boy walked up to you with a condescending smirk on his face.

You weren't scared of him, you were scared of getting house points taken away. He was a Prefect, after all.

The two of you hated each other. All you did whenever you were near each other was try to get on each other's nerves. You couldn't even recall when or how this whole thing had started, but you knew that it's been going on for a while.

"What's a Gryffindork like you doing wandering these halls after curfew, hm?"

"Gryffindork. How original. I'm laughing my arse off. Honestly, did you come up with that?" Your voice was laced with sarcasm.

"Shut up," he sneered.

"Or what? You'll tell your father? I'm so scared. Tell me, Draco, have you spoken to him lately?"

Draco shoved you roughly against the wall and pinned your hands above your head, taking you by surprise.

"Don't talk about my father," he hissed. "Especially when you've got similar issues of your own."

"What?"

He leaned down to whisper in your ear, "Yeah, darling, I've heard all about your father. At least mine doesn't hit me."

"You're a dick, Malfoy," you snarled, shoving him away from you.

"So I've been told," he said with a smirk as he started walking backwards down the corridor. "By the way, love, I'm taking away house points."