into your arms (request)

requested by @JulzLovDraco4Eva

Summary: Y/N and Draco find that dating in secret isn't all it's cracked up to be, especially when Draco is expected to become a Death Eater.

Warnings: angst, fluff at the end, brief mention of sex, kinda long, reader gets tortured

House: Gryffindor
Year: 6

A/N: ty for requesting, hope u like it! also ITS MY BIRTHDAYYY YALL. ima go shift and have a special birthday make out sesh with Draco😏

also- for this imagine, let's pretend Lucius Malfoy never got sent to Azkaban, bc he will be making appearances here

•••

You and Draco's relationship throughout your years at Hogwarts has been, quite frankly, a rollercoaster.

It was complicated because you've been best friends with the Golden Trio since the very first day of school. It was also the fact that his parents would most likely disapprove if they ever found out about it. Obviously, this meant that you and Draco couldn't just have a normal, ordinary relationship. Because of the circumstances, it was imperative that your relationship be kept a secret.

See, the two of you were enemies, at first. You were incessantly at each other's throats for years.

December, 1993
{ Third Year }

You were sat alone in the library, reading over your Potions notes to prepare yourself for the quiz you had tomorrow. You stared out the window that was right by your seat, admiring how beautiful the castle looked under a blanket of snow. It looked like a painting.

"Look at you," a familiar voice tutted from behind you. "Studying like a good girl. Or are you just trying to cover up the fact that you failed your last Potions test?"

You rolled your eyes, immediately knowing who it was. "You know what, Malfoy? I'm not in the mood for your witty repartee this morning. Will you just shove off?"

"Ooh. Feisty today, are we, Y/L/N?"

You scoffed. "Bloody hell, Malfoy. Quit it, will you? Don't you have anything better to do with your pathetic life?"

"I think you're the pathetic one here. I mean, come on. Hanging around peasants and mudbloods? There's nothing as pathetic as a blood traitor."

You looked at him with a hurt expression, and if it wasn't for the tears blocking your vision, you would've noticed his face slightly soften.

"I hate you, Malfoy." With that, you gathered your things and left the library, roughly bumping your shoulder with his as you passed him.

At the time, you didn't realize how much those words had affected him. It wasn't the sentence itself, it was the fact that it was you who said it.

{ Present Time }

Before you were dating, there was always a reason why his insults hurt you more than they should have. It was simply the fact that you've harbored a huge crush on Draco ever since you first met him on the Hogwarts Express. You always thought that his eyes were beautiful. They were soft and bright- compared to his surly and ignorant personality.