liability (request)

requested by @Hansluvs

Summary: Y/N feels unworthy of Draco, until he reassures her.

Warnings: angst, self-doubt, insecurities, very fluffy ending

House: Hufflepuff
Year: 4

A/N: ty for requesting, hope u like it! also guys I've been working on the next part of "over the years" and a part two of "lockdown" so expect those at some point

rant: have y'all seen the dumbass trumpies rallying in D.C.🤡 and they had Turnip 2020 flags but it's fucking 2021 and the election's over- they dumb as fuck. and it's fucking hilarious bc they were attacking cops..that's not very "bLuE lIvEs mAtTeR" of them👽 half of the bitch ass hypocrites weren't even wearing masks either. fucking CLOWNERY🤡🤡

thx for listening to my rant anyways enjoy😁

•••

Recently, you've been feeling undeserving- unworthy of Draco's love. You knew that you weren't good enough for him. You didn't deserve this amazing boy as your boyfriend. Or even your friend. Or at all.

You felt worthless, and you believed you were nothing more than one girl out of many for him.

For one, you were a Hufflepuff and he was a Slytherin. Students from those specific houses generally didn't get along. A respectable relationship or friendship between the two was a rarity. You'd always wondered why Draco went for you instead of the other gorgeous girls that were in Slytherin and were more his type.

Secondly, you were muggle-born, and you're family wasn't the most fortunate when it came to money. You weren't exceedingly poor, but you were far less wealthy than the Malfoys.

And neither was it helping that Draco had been ditching you for his friends lately. It wasn't too often, but it had been happening enough times for it to be noticeable. You were too timid to mention it to him, as you thought that he'd say you were being dramatic, so you kept quiet about it.

Currently, you and Draco were sitting together on a bench in the courtyard, his knee subconsciously brushing against yours as you both went over homework for Divinations. The cool autumn wind lightly blew through your hair as white-gray clouds blanketed the view of the sun.

"Did you get 'tea leaves' for number six?" His deep yet gentle voice spoke as his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

"Mhm," you hummed in response with a light nod.

After about twenty more minutes of the two of you making small talk and reviewing homework questions, you both started packing up your stuff. An idea suddenly came across your mind.

"Hey, do you want to go hang out at the Black Lake for a bit? I feel like we haven't really spent that much time together lately," you said almost cautiously.

He gave you a sad smile. "Oh, I'm sorry, love. I- I was going to go hang out with Crabbe and Goyle. Maybe tomorrow, though?"

You weren't surprised, just a bit disappointed.

Perhaps, you were just being dramatic again.

You smiled, but it didn't reach your eyes. "Sure."

"Great," he smiled, planting a quick kiss on your cheek before he began walking in the opposite direction. "See you, love!"