Tanjiro ran at the Rui, who quickly reacted and launched his threads at the demon slayer. Tanjiro cut at the strings, but his sword broke by the hardness of it, making the threads cut his cheek and arm. Fortunately the wounds weren't fatal.

As the two fought, I mustered up all my strength to get away from them, not wanting to get in the way. I was able to crawl a good ten meters away, and leaned my back onto a nearby tree. I winced as I felt the uncomfy-ness of something unnatural invading my body suddenly grow even more.

'Fuck, now I feel like one of those useless female characters that are constantly protected by the others and do absolutely nothing-' I bit my lip at the thought. 'Not my fault for being a dumbass.'

"NEZUKO!"

A scream snapped me out of my thoughts. I quickly looked up to where Tanjiro was looking, only to see Nezuko hanging in the air, just like how I was.

My eyes widened, as I felt my chest tighten at the memory of the pain. I didn't act like it hurt, but that's simply ✨my way of coping.

Omg I got a newfound thing that I've traumatized myself about ❤️👄❤️

"Quiet down." Rui muttered, the scratches on his face swiftly healing. "She's a demon unlike that friend of yours. She'll heal quickly. Except, I might leave her there to burn in the sun a bit after I kill you..."

My breath hitched, and another wave of pain erupted through my brain.
"FUCK, NO NEZUKO NO LIFE BITCH!" I screeched, mustering up all the power I have to jump up to where she was hanging, and burn the threads, letting her escape.
As soon as I did that, My vision started to fade.

'No no no!' I mentally hissed, feeling the fall go slower then it probably was. 'I need to stay awake!! Or....or I....'

—————————————————

"(Y/N)! (Y/N), wake up!!" I heard someone whisper-yell, shaking my body.

My eyes remained closed, but the sharp pain that washed through my veins made me gasp and snap my eyes open.

It was still night, and we were both laying on the dirt ground, and Tanjiro held Nezuko close to him. I saw a man wearing a half-half haori behind Tanjiro, but didn't pay much kind when the unknown dude sliced Rui's head off, mainly because I could barely see them.

"Oh thank god you're awake..." He smiled, but the tears that were threatening to spill was very visible.

"Y-you too..." I trailed off, but immediately covered my mouth with my hand as I went into a coughing fit. After it died down i looked at my hand, and seeing clumps of my blood on it.

'Lick it' a voice in my head said.
'Wtf this is a emotional moment stfu'

Tanjiro diverted his gaze from me to elsewhere, and I followed his vision. I saw Rui(without his head—) walking towards us blindly, and fall right next to the three of us.

I weakly smile, lifting a shaky hand to pat his back— the closest thing to a hug I could do at the moment.

We watched as his body slowly crumpled to ashes and flew into the air, until only his clothes remained.

I heard a few footsteps, and looked up to see the Half n Half man step onto Rui's clothes.

"Don't give monsters who eat humans such affection," He said coldly, "even if they look like children. It was probably a monster that has lived for hundreds of years."