第6章

"Why is the wifi so bad in my room."
— Author-chan

"Pro Tip: remove your nervous system surgically so you won't be able to feel nervous anymore. No need to thank me."
—Author-dono

—————————————-

Since that day, Tanjirou would literally come up to me every goshdarn day saying that that day he will beat....

Whatever Reddy's name was.

At first I was all: 'woah, Tanjirou is talking to me?'

And now I'm: 'yOu SaId ThAt LaSt TiMe'

But of course, like 1% tsundere person I am, I watch while braiding Makomo's hair.

I'm just gonna say that I love playing with other people's hair since mine is oily as fuck and I didn't want to do my mom's but I don't have any sisters. Because I AM the sister. Aye, back to the story, g.

So that stuff happened for like a few months straight. And now I can also use: Ochaco, Mina, Asui, Sero, Yaoyorozu(though the fact that I have to think of her every time I use it bothers me because her boobs threaten me), and I am NOT doing Denki because the dumb face will confuse everyone. I can also sort of do Teleportation Purple Mist Guy's quirk, and that's good since I'll be able to go home literally whenever I want. But I'm not very good at it since I don't know any details of his quirk.

One day, Sabito came to fight with a sword. Not the wooden one that he always used, but a metal/steel one.

And this time, with a satisfying 'klack-a-klock', Tanjirou successfully cut Sabito's mask in half, which, after I blinked, dissappeared and became the rock, cut in half.
I was so surprised that I didn't even notice the fact that Makomo was gone.

"You did it..." I said, and a grin appeared on my face. "YOU DID IT WANTAN!" I leaped off the boulder and hugged him, avoiding the sword so I won't get stabbed. After a few seconds and Tanjirou thanking me, we heard footsteps from behind us.

We both turned around(and I let go of Tanjirou), and saw Urokodaki. He silently walked up to the rock, not facing us.

"Urokodaki-san...!" Tanjirou trailed off, not knowing what to say. I kept my mouth shut cuz I didn't really have anything to do with this. That's why I was the third wheel for years.

"I had no intention on sending you to the final selection." He faced me. "And if Tanjirou's going, you probably would want to as well."
Wow. I thought sarcastically. Thank you.
"I was sure you wouldn't be able to cut this rock. I didn't want to see any children die anymore."
He pat both of our heads.
"Well done."

Tanjirou welled up in tears, and we shared a big emotional group hug.

Though I sort of felt out of place there.

——————————————

We had a celebration(a lot of food), and honestly I wolfed down at least 50% of the food. Tanjirou ate only 45%. ONLY 45%. And Urokodaki, who seemed to be deep in thought, ate 5%. I encouraged him, since it IS a celebration.

Later, we cut Tanjirou's hair.

"I can do it myself (Y/N)!" Tanjirou complained.

"Cutting hair by yourself makes you NOT look good, and if we're traveling together, I don't want a embarrassing weird-haired human with me 24/7."

That seemed to shut him up.

"Tanjirou, (Y/N)..." Uro trailed off.

"Yeah?/yes?" We said, though I hissed at Tanjirou to face straight ahead when he tried to face Urokodaki.

"Did the hot pot taste good?"

What kind of question is that? I thought.

"Yeah! I didn't have that in a long time." Tanjirou exclaimed.

"It was quite awesome, but of course not as awesome as me." I kept my answer brief, to remain in focus.

"That's good." He said. Then stood up, and grabbed two fox masks from a drawer.
One covers the entire face with a sun-shape at the top left, and the other covers the top half of the face with black and (hair color) designs with (eye color) bells hanging from the ears.
Mentally hoping I'd get the one with bells, I put the scissors down and let Tanjirou grab his mask and I took mine.

"Hah, I have bells on mine!" I exclaimed. Tanjirou did a small pout.

"It's a demon warding mask." Urokodaki Said. "I cast a spell to keep demons away from you two."

Boi u magic? I thought to myself, but didn't complain. I mean, less work for me!

The next morning—

"Hey Tanjirou!" I yelled from across the literal house.

"What is it?" Tanjirou sighed. I mean, I was the fifth time I yelled his name for help for one thing or another.

"Should I wear the clothes from my dimension? Or the ones here cuz it'll make me less suspicious?"

"I think whatever your comfortable in is fine!"

Whatever I'm comfortable with.... I went deep into thought.

In the end, I wore black sweatpants that are  more like flare pants and a (color) t-shirt with a (color2) Haori with (pattern) design that I once found in a shop of a nearby town.

"I'm ready!" I exclaimed, bursting through the door.

We exited the house, and Urokodaki followed behind us.

"Don't worry about your sister." He told Tanjirou. "I'll take good care of her."

My mind heard it in a different way. Oh god I'm sorry Nezuko—

"Thank you very much!" Tanjiro said, like the pure child he is.

"Let's go alreadyyyyy" I complained, tugging on Tanjirou'a could-patterned sleeve."I wanna kill some demons, or first of all see one!"

"Fine, fine..." Tanjiro sighed. We started running away.

"Goodbye Urokodaki-san!" We both yelled simultaneously, and I giggled at that.
"And say hi to Makomo and Sabito for us!" Tanjirou added.

"And tell Sabito that he's really hot and Makomo that she's adorable!" I added on.

"(Y/N)!" Tanjiro said, but didn't add anything else and just looked straight ahead, slightly blushing.

"Do you have a fever?" I smirked, obviously knowing what's up. "Cuz that's a bad thing before the Trial or whatever. I mean, we NEED to pass! Or we'll let everyone down!"

"Says you."

"Says the person who led me here in the first place."

"Hey! But it ended up well, right?!"

"Duh."