Part LIV: The Truth

Marcus, you can stop staring like that!

It was Wednesday and I had just about convinced my boyfriend to let me go outside, but not without him. We sat together on a grey bench on the emerald green lawn appreciating the orchids and honeysuckle roses in the flowerbeds.

I felt eyes on me. I turned to see Marcus' nut shaped eyes on me.

I can't be too sure with you. You have had multiple fits and have lost consciousness many times, so I have to keep my eyes on you at all times.

I hated how overprotective he had become. He was always checking on me, asking if I was ok every few hours following behind me as if I would fall any second it had gone past being concerned. he was now being overbearing. I peered evilly at him.

I'm not a child. If you are going to treat me like this, I'm going to lose my mind.

He sighed.
I know I am being overbearing but I can't help but worry.

His long face was sad and his face was sleepless, with dark bags beneath his eyes.

I was taking a toll on him

Marcus, I think I should go home. You have done so much for me already. And the doctor you got can't seem to find what's wrong with me, I put my hands over my face.

All this happened in Italy; why had this not happened back home? I think I need to go home.

Please, wait until we get something more conclusive!

His eyes pleaded but I straightened my face. He had to let go.

Marcus you didn't support me once regarding your brother, Aro and you said you'd give me no reason to doubt this relationship.

Marcus shut his eyes and clenched his fist. I closed mine.

I guess I can't keep you here by force.

You can't. And I could really use my family.

He held my smaller hand.

I understand but can you do something for me?

I looked at him fearfully. What would he ask for?

Call me every day and if you can't please text me. Makayla, I will be so worried otherwise, but if I hear your beautiful voice I will feel at ease.

I will miss you too, I said.

Tears stained the grey bench as I hugged him and wondered what my future held.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I kept having a cycle of the same hallucinations and bizarre dreams. I had not had another seizure but an eery feeling hung over me. A dark figure stood by my bedroom door. I stilled. It moved its arm and the light came on.

Jamal came and sat on my bed, after I scooted over to accommodate him.

Still can't sleep?

I'm afraid to close my eyes.

Jamal gaped his mouth open.

It was November now and snow began coating the ground. At church we began rehearsing for the Christmas Carols Concert.

But I had stopped going. I kept seeing horrible hallucinations of two brunette children slaying everyone from church and their blood being soaked up by the carpets. I shuddered.

Want me to sleep with you?
I nodded.
Ok, he said tucking himself in.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It was Thanksgiving. And I never knew I would regret going outside; not telling my mom I love her and not carrying my phone.