Part LXV: Sick

I was no longer with Aro in the restaurant...

I was in a green field. I started. I stood up and searched it.

Where was I?

I saw a grand man with black long hair and a horse face. My heart leapt.

Marcus!

I tried to touch him but my fingers went through him. I gasped and fell back into the wet grass. I saw him walk into the centre.

"Come out! I know you are here."
A bedraggled, dirty man with brown hair and brown eyes appeared.

He had whizzed into the field.
"Who are you child?" the filthy man asked Marcus.

"Child? Do you know I'm over three thousand years old?"

"Hm, still a child. What is it you seek?"
The man also had a rope around his neck with a strange orangey jewel.

"Are you Ambrogio?"
The man bared his teeth, sharp and pointed like a shark.

"How do you know my name? Are you one of Aro's?"

Marcus smiled at him.
I was worried he would lunge at Marcus' throat but Marcus was as cool as a cucumber.

"Once, I was his toy. But now I am free...so tell me.Why is someone like you reduced into living like a beggar?"

The scene faded and I was still slumped on the floor, but of the restaurant and not in a field.
Huh?

Felix was holding me and Aro stared at me, his eyes ghostly and his eyes black with emotion

"Makayla, heavens! Are you alright?"
I shrugged. Of course I was fine. But why was I on the floor, then?

My orange braids were no longer in a high bun but spread across Felix's thighs. I stood but fell back and Felix caught me. My head felt wiry and one side felt raw and spongy.

 My head felt wiry and one side felt raw and spongy

I felt sick...
The pants Felix wore were cold and the floor hard. I made a motion to puke and I was turned over. I dry heaved.

My eyes strained and tears formed but nothing came out. I shook like a chihuahua.