Part XXXII: Tacky

Hi, Wattpad! It's been another week and it looks I'm getting good at continuously posting. I've been thinking a lot of how to improve describing my characters and hopefully I've found the right measures to.

I'm posting at least three chapters this week. Since, I already wrote three but as for next week I'm hoping I post at least two. We are finally getting to the bloodsucking part!

"No, this too bright for your skin tone; you'll look bleached out." I said to myself exasperated after the twelfth t-shirt I pulled out.

What was with this store? Italy was crammed with white people but this store stalked colours that suited darker skin. That was stupid. The colours were neon pinks, traffic light reds and gaudy yellow, just to mention a few.

I placed the hanger back on the stand. Marcus was really as interested as any guy in shopping...zero enthusiasm and he just imagined I would find him clothing without his cooperation. He was in his car, doing God knows what. Demetri was checking out new shoes for himself.

"Demetri, I thought I could, but I can't. Tell Marcus to get his ass out of his car and help me. I'm not a fashion designer. I can't just magically floss him up if he's not interested!"

I was yelling by Demetri's side. He had picked up leather sandals. He waited for me to stop ranting to place them back and stare at me.

"Did you expect something different?"
"YES!" I said tersely.

He sighed.

"The Master doesn't buy his own clothing. His brothers' wives do and it's a challenge to get him to even wear something new.

He's stuck in his ways. He can't see the sense in changing trends every few years."

I crossed my arms.
"Then he should hire someone to do that for him and he just wears it."

"He just started wearing suits. And that's all he wants to wear now. Master Aro just cleared his room of his old cloaks so he could wear newer things."

I widened my eyes. Did he say cloaks?
"What do you mean cloaks?"

"Cloaks like those dress-type of clothes men used to wear before the end of the twentieth century."
I sighed.

Was he into cosplay? That's disturbing. I bit my lip.
"His girlfriend, that passed on, she couldn't change his style up? Make it a little easier for some of us?"

Demetri sobered. Maybe too insensitive? I lowered my head.

"Ok, I'm sorry that was a tasteless thing to say. Please just tell him I need him to actually care like ten percent only and this will go a lot smoother."

Demetri nodded and he walked poshly, with swinging limbs out of United Colors of Bennetton. The clothing there was too ugly for all those Euros their customers would pay.

Marcus languidly walked in after Demetri with slow, tortured steps and a blank face. Did he have to be so apathetic?

We were doing his shopping not mine! Demetri glided by me and whispered before running off to his shoes that left unattended:

"Goodluck motivating him. Regardless, I expect something in return he's so going to chew me put when you aren't around for interfering in his business."

I scoffed. Ok, let's do this then. I walked up to Marcus. He tilted his head down to look at me as I placed my hands on my hips.

"I can't help you shop if you aren't here."
"Is there necessity in my being here?"