44

I have included a song above that is used later in the story ^^^ feel free to listen as you read! ❤️

YOU AND DRACO WALK HAND IN hand, with Narcissa following closely behind you.

"Quickly, they'll be wondering where you two are." She whispers from behind you both.

You all come to a stop as you reach the door to the dining room. Draco reaches for the doorknob, turning it anti-clockwise and pushing the door open.

"Ah, nice to see you two have joined us." You hear the dark Lord hiss at the two of you, he signals to two empty seats, luckily next to each other. Less unlucky that they were next to Lucius, however.

"Mr Zabini is unable to join us as he is currently on his way back to Hogwarts. However, I have gathered you all here today, as I have some disappointing news." He stands and begins to walk down your side of the table, passing behind you. "The boy... he has learned of the horcruxes. I believe he has found Hufflepuff's cup, and seeks to destroy it. He will go to Hogwarts next." He continues to walk around the table, until he is back at his own chair. He looks different, paler if that's possible. "And so shall we." A wicked smirk began to grow on his face.

Your heart begins to race as you can hear the blood rushing through your veins, you struggle to catch your breath, reaching under the table and pulling up the sleeve of the leather jacket you had on. You begin to scratch at your arm, searching for some sort of distraction. Your eyes ping open and you whip your head round when you feel a hand on your thigh.

"You're okay." Draco mouths to you, he holds your hand, pulling it away from your arm. You feel your heart rate start to decrease as your breathing steadies. You had missed what else the dark Lord says as he disapparates, followed by the other death eaters. Draco pulls you out of your chair and hurries you to your room, before your or his father can speak to either of you.

As soon as the door shuts behind him he casts a silencing charm, obviously knowing you were going to lose your shit.

"Oh god, this is so much worse than we thought! So much worse! How are we going to do this? Draco? We have to go to Hogwarts? We have to fight there? Hogwarts is... we can't... it's..."

"Bec!"

"It's our home, Draco!"

He comes over to you, holding both your arms, forcing you to focus on his eyes.

"I know. I don't want to either."

"I thought you always said that Hogwarts was a terrible school, pathetic even."

He shakes his head. "Bec, I've spent most of my childhood there, it's where I grew up. It's-it's where I met you. It's where I fell in love. I don't want to battle there just as much as you don't, but we don't have-"

"We don't have a choice. I know." You cut him off.

"If I could change this for you, I would. But there isn't anything I can do, I so wish there was." He kisses your forehead. "I'm sorry."

You place your head on his chest, as he wraps his arms around your waist.

"I know." You stand there, holding each other and wondering what the future has in store.

"You have to remember, Potter is the master of the Elder Wand. If he's smart about it, he can defeat him. He's already weak."

"But he doesn't even have the Elder Wand! What use is that?!"

"Bec, it doesn't matter. Yes, Voldemort has the Elder Wand. But, it doesn't answer to him."

"I don't want to do this, Draco." You can feel the tears brimming in your eyes, threatening to spill over and trickle down your cheeks. "I'm so scared."