38

DRACO ASSISTS BLAISE TO THE guest room, placing Blaise's arm around his neck and practically dragging him up the stairs. He'd handled the whole situation very well, much better than you. But it had still taken it out of him, and he needed to rest. Once you see Draco get Blaise on the bed, you run to Draco's room to get Lux.

You throw the bedroom door open, causing Lux draw her wand and point it at you. She looked terrified. "Come on! He's in the guest room." You make your way back across the landing, Lux lowering her wand and following you. You see Narcissa and Ms Zabini hurrying up the stairs as you near the guest bedroom.

You head inside and go over to Draco. "Is he okay?" You whisper, just as Lux appears in the doorway.

"No, but he will be." You nod your head knowingly, remembering how long you were out for after your own experience getting the dark mark.

Lux runs over and sits on the bed next to Blaise, placing a kiss on his forehead and holding his hand. Narcissa and Ms Zabini enter the room.

"Draco, darling. Why don't we give them some space." Draco snakes his hand around your waist and guides you towards the door. "You're all welcome to stay as long as you need, there is another guest room just next door if you should require it." Ms Zabini nods gratefully in response. With that, Narcissa shuts the door over, leaving the three of you out in the hallway.

"Watching that was worse than receiving my own." Draco nods in agreement with you.

"I'm afraid the worst is yet to come." Narcissa looks down, her eyes glistening with tears. She takes a deep breath and looks back up to you, patting you on the arm and turning to walk down the stairs.

Draco grabs your hand and leads you into his bedroom. Once the door is closed, you turn to him. "Draco? What did your Mum mean by the worst is yet to come?"

"He's..." he bites his bottom lip and looks away from you. You can see guilt painted onto his face. "He's bringing others here, keeping them in the cellar."

"What? What do you mean?"

"Others, who stand against him. I-I know he's got Charity Burbridge. And that's not even the half of it Bec," he walks towards you, tucking your hair behind your ear, "you know he's going to want us to be in the battle. Don't you?"

"I mean, yeah. I just- I guess I never really wanted to think about it." You shrug your shoulders, going over to sit on his bed.

"I think we're going to have to start thinking about it Bec. You might have to stand against your classmates."

You nod your head, the bed sinking beside you as he sits down and holds your hand. "I know. But, it's like Blaise said. We don't have a choice." You rest your head against his, closing your eyes as his hand comes up to stroke your hair, before he places it on your cheek. You feel the cold metal of his ring dig into your cheekbone, making the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

"We're in this together, right?" His voice cracks, as his hand snakes to the back of your head and grabs a fistful of your hair.

"Of course. Forever and always." You whisper against his lips, before melting into them as your mouths move in sync with each other, desperately crashing into one another searching for some form of comfort.

His hands slide down your body, resting on your waist. He continues kissing you as you taste the familiar peppermint cascade into your mouth. You wrap your leg over him so your knees are at either side of him in a straddling position. His hands come to rest on the back of your thighs, your hands grasping onto the back of his hair. Wanting to pull him even closer, if that was possible.