32

YOU TURN AND WALK OUT OF Snape's office, making your way through the halls. You're focusing all your energy on pushing the bile down that's rising in your throat. You make a quick turn into the girls bathroom, running into a cubicle and vomiting into the toilet. You stand up and wipe your mouth with the back of your hand.

You hadn't had time to see if anyone else was in the bathroom, so you're startled when you hear someone else speaking. "Malfoy knock you up, Havelock?" You hear Parkinson's annoying voice come from behind you, much to your distaste.

You turn around, stifling a laugh. "You know what?" You march towards her, drawing your wand. "I've had about enough of this shit." Her face looks at you in terror as she attempts to back away, but her back lands on a cubicle door. You point your wand at her face. "Densaugeo!"

You look at her, seeing her front two teeth begin to grow, finally stopping just past her chin. A small smirk comes onto your face as she tries to talk, but none of her words make sense. She stomps her foot on the ground and screams before running out the bathroom.

Although seeing Pansy's face screwed up in horror with buck teeth resembling that of a donkey had made you feel slightly better, your stomach still turned at the thought of what you knew you were going to have to do tonight.

You pull your hair back and splash some cold water over your face. You so badly wanted to see Draco before you had to go, but there was no way Pomfrey would let you in. You check your watch and see it's almost 10 anyway. You stare at yourself in the mirror, noticing the bags under your eyes, before pulling yourself together and heading out of the bathroom, making your way to Hagrid's hut.

You keep to the shadows, so as to not be seen by anyone. You run as quickly and quietly as you can down the steps leading to Hagrid's, going around the back of his hut and seeing Snape waiting for you. He silently extends his arm as you slowly approach him, still trying to catch your breath after running most of the way here. You link your arm in his, as he twists and turns and pulls you with him until you both land on your feet outside of the Malfoy Manor.

You had never actually been here before, Draco had pretended to hate you, on account of his father, for most of your years at Hogwarts, and then last summer he had ignored you completely. So you had never got the chance to come here before now. It was huge, definitely bigger than your house, even though you lived in a very lovely mansion, this was almost a palace compared to yours. Snape starts walking towards the steps that lead up to the front doors, stopping when he reaches the bottom to turn and look at you. You mimic his steps and join him as you begin to ascend the steps together.

Snape raises his wand to make three loud knocks on the door, before turning to you. "You're smart, Havelock. Play the part and address him only as 'Your Lord'." You nod, thankful that he was actually showing you some kindness for once, before you turn back to face the door as it opens, revealing Narcissa Malfoy standing on the other side.

"Miss Havelock, please, do enter." She says, standing aside and motioning inside. Snape enters and you follow after him, she looked thinner than the previous times you had saw her at the platform before boarding the train to Hogwarts, her face was now gaunt. She begins walking alongside you as you both follow Snape. "I'm so sorry we aren't officially meeting under better circumstances. Draco spoke very fondly of you over the summer." She looks at you with a grateful smile.

"He did?" You can't help but feel butterflies in your stomach at the thought of Draco telling his parents about you. "And please, call me Bec." You offer her a small smile.

She looks at you with warmth in her eyes. "Yes, Lucius was quite pleased to find out you two had been together for some time. He's quite fond of your father."