54

"SO, HOW HAS IT BEEN GOING?" LUX asks you, as you both sit down on her bed together.

"It's been going really, really well. He's remembering moments separately, and I think it's all beginning to piece back together." You nod your head at Lux, biting back a smile. You had been staying at the Malfoy manor for the past fortnight, barely taking a break from working on Draco's memories, but you had come back to see Lux after she wouldn't stop writing you, demanding you come to see her and fill her in.

A toothy grin grows on her face. "Well, if anyone could do it, it's you. Want a drink to celebrate?" She stands and heads towards her bedroom door.

"Actually, Lux. I... I need to talk to you about something."

"Yeah?" She looks at you, confused.

"I, um..." you look down fiddling with the ends of your hair. "I think..."

"Bec, come on, spit it out. What's wrong?"

"I think I might be-"

"Hey, babe." Blaise pushes the bedroom door open, walking in and planting a kiss on Lux's cheek. "Oh, hey, Bec. I didn't realise you were here, my bad."

"No, it's okay. Don't worry about it. How've you been?"

"Yeah, I'm good. How's Malfoy?"

"He's... yeah, he's great." You can't help but smile at the mention of his name.

"Good! That's... that's really good. I knew you could do it. Hey, we should all get together sometime soon. We could ask Theo, too." Blaise suggests.

"Babe, I um... could you just give us a minute?" Lux interrupts Blaise, placing a hand on his shoulder. 

Blaise looks between the two of you. "Yeah, yeah okay. I'll um... wait downstairs?" He turns to leave the bedroom.

"Thank you." She closes the bedroom door after him, "Bec, you've gone all pale. Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"Lux, I need your help. I don't know what to do." Your face crumples as you try to fight back the tears pricking the backs of your eyes.

She hurries over to you, opening her arms and pulling you towards her. "Hey, it's alright. Whatever it is, we'll work it out. All of us, together. Alright?"

You sniffle in response, struggling to continue.

"Hey, it can't be worse than when you kissed Theo, am I right?" She jokes, running her fingers through the length of your hair comfortingly.

You pull away from her, unable to keep a laugh in, wiping your eyes.

"Come on, you can tell me." She keeps hold of your hand as you look down nervously. You take a deep breath, still avoiding her gaze.

"I think I might be pregnant."

"YOU WHAT?" She stands from the bed to face you, her eyes widened in shock.

"Oh my god, Lux!" She hiss at her, glancing between her and the bedroom door. "Shut your damn mouth!"

Her hand comes up and slaps over her mouth. You roll your eyes, grabbing your wand and casting a silencing charm.

"How do you... why would you... I... but when... I mean... what?!" She stumbles over her words, unable to form a coherent sentence.

"I don't know! We must have forgotten to use a vial at some point." You run your hands through your hair, pushing it back out of your face.

"Bec!" She scolds you.

"I know, okay! I know it's stupid. Just sometimes, we get really excited and-"