22

YOU AND DRACO BOTH DECIDED that you would get the first few weeks of classes over with before starting Occlumency and fixing the cabinet as to not draw attention to yourselves.

It wasn't until the last week of October, when most students had went home for the break, that you both decided you would go to the room of requirement. You walked hand in hand up to the seventh floor, before coming to a stop in front of the wall where you caught Dumbledore's Army last year.

"How do we, you know, open the damn thing?" Draco asks you, nodding towards the blank space of the wall in front of you.

"Well," you start, "I just walked past and wished I had somewhere to get away from you and Parkinson." You start walking along the length of the wall, wishing you could see the vanishing cabinet.

"That's it, Bec, you're doing it." You open your eyes and see the tall wooden door that has appeared before you both. You look at each other as Draco turns the doorknob and you both enter.

"Oh, god. Where do we start?" You ask. The room is stacked high with chairs, tables all sorts of other things. Some piles even reaching the ceiling above you.

"I have no idea." Draco responds. You both decide to start walking up the different aisles between all the rubbish, looking for the vanishing cabinet.

"Does it look exactly the same as the one in Borgin & Burke's?" You ask.

"Yes, but this one has gold detailing on it too." You split up as he wanders to the left and you wander to the right, still searching through all the enormous piles

"Bec, come look at this!" Draco shouts as you turn and make your way to where his voice is coming from. You make your way back through the stacks of chairs and other things, until you see Draco standing in front of a black cabinet hidden behind a large dust sheet. He pulls it down to reveal the vanishing cabinet. "This is it."

"So, now we just have to figure out how to fix it?"

"Yeah." He turns to look at you. "I think we need to pay a to visit Borgin & Burke's."

You both agree to go to into Hogsmeade next weekend, to try and get some answers from Mr. Burke about the cabinet. Meanwhile, you meet in Draco's dorm to begin furthering his knowledge of being an Occlumen.

Draco had moved the furniture around, clearing an area for him to sit on the couch and you to stand across from him.

"You ready?" You ask, as you take your stance in front of him, clutching your wand.

"Yeah, I'm ready."

"I love you. Just breathe, relax and stay calm. You can trust me, okay?"

He nods his head in response, "I have done this before, Bec. Don't worry."

You nod your head and and point your wand directly at Draco.  "Legilimens."

Draco fights you off as you try to cast deep into his memories of his childhood, conversations with the Dark Lord, the summer he spent with Pansy, making you unable to penetrate any of it.  However, when you land on a memory of yourself, it's like the floodgates burst open.

You see yourself, from Draco's eyes, with Theo. He's standing at the top of the astronomy tower, holding onto the railings and looking down to the quidditch pitch to see Theo bending down to kiss you.

You stop the spell. "I'm sorry." You say immediately. Draco is catching his breath as beads of sweat have formed on his forehead.

"Why are you sorry?" He asks between breaths as he uses the back of his sleeve to wipe his forehead.