» eight «

italics = flashback

"Hey...Polly," Puck said, trying to get my attention from where he sat at the foot of my bed. I hummed in response, not bothering to look up at him as I laid on my belly, feet swinging in the air as I stared down at the project me and Puck were assigned to do with a pen between my teeth. After a few moments, I heard him sigh in annoyance. "Look here, will you?"

A teasing smile made its way to my face. "I can't. Unlike you, I'm trying to work on our project so we'll get a good grade."

"Who cares?" Puck scoffed. "It's a just a stupid assignment that --"

"That counts ten percent of our grade, Puck," I said, finally looking up at him. "I definitely care about that."

"You care too much about the wrong things," Puck told me, rolling his eyes. "Now look at what I made for you."

At that, my eyebrows raised in interest and Puck smirked satisfyingly. "What is it?" I asked curiously, my eyes landing on the piece of crumpled paper in his hand.

"You'll have to --" Puck started, only to get interrupted by the doorbell.

I jumped from my spot on the bed. "Oh. That must be Trevor."

Puck frowned, an unknown emotion flickering in his eyes. "You mean Tuck? As in your dim-witted boyfriend, Tuck?"

"His name is Trevor," I corrected, rolling my eyes as I passed him on my way to the doorway. "For the last time, not everyone's name rhymes with yours. And he's not that dim-witted."

Puck called out a snarky reply after me but I was already heading downstairs and to the front door. I smiled when I opened the door to find Trevor holding out a bouquet of flowers for me.

"They're lovely," I commented, placing them in the empty vase that'd held the previous ones he'd gotten me last week.

I felt him slide into place behind me as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Only the best for you, babe."

With a small giggle, I turned in his arms and reached up to peck his lips. However, when I made a move to pull away, he just tightened his hold on me and crushed his lips to mine, forcing his tongue into my mouth and sliding a hand under my shirt. Sighing into his mouth, I gave in and Trevor deepened the kiss.

"Mmm, let's go to your room," he suggested in between kisses.

I pulled away a fraction and blushed. "Not now. My partner is here and --"

"Okay, okay," he interrupted, sounding annoyed before pulling me back in for another kiss.

The sound of someone clearing their throat behind me had me jumping away from him, turning to find Puck staring coldly at Trevor, his eyes holding a hint of malice. I blushed furiously and took a step away from Trevor, mortified to have someone catch us.

"If you two are done with your little make-out session," Puck said, his voice hard as his eyes landed on me, "then, I'd like to continue our project now."

"Who are you?" Trevor spat from beside me, glaring right back at Puck - who opened his mouth to reply before I cut him off.

"Trevor. This is my partner, Puck, that I was telling you about," I introduce calmly, placing a comforting hand on his chest - to which Puck narrowed his eyes at. "Puck, this is Trevor."

Trevor scowled at Puck. "I'm her boyfriend."

"No shit, Sherlock," Puck sneered, rolling his eyes.