» one «

I clutched the textbooks tightly to my chest, keeping my gaze lowered out of fear as I felt his penetrating gaze on my back. I didn't dare turn around, knowing he and his friends were leaning on the lockers, watching me as I pretended to gather the stuff I needed from my locker.

Finally, when my arms were too full and couldn't bare to hold the weight of another textbook, I bit my lip and hesitantly turned, trying not to show how scared I was.

His dark eyes caught mines as soon as I looked away from my locker, a mischievous glint to his eyes as he smirked at me knowingly, aware of my full intentions. His friends snickered next to him and I looked down, forcing my legs to move and to take me to class.

Just as I thought I was about to be free of him, his hand wrapped around my arm from behind and he pulled me into him. My head banged against his solid, rock-hard chest and I bit my lip to stifle my groan of pain. When I glanced up at him fearfully, he was still smirking down at me, his dark brown eyes devouring me.

His friends were gone, of course. And so was every other person that was in the hall just a second ago. Everyone listened to him because everyone was scared of him and the things he could do.

He and his friends never missed the chance to bully someone, even if it was over nothing. But me... God, I got it the worst. And I didn't even understand why. But it didn't just stop at school, no. For me, he was everywhere, watching me.

"Polly," he said my name, his voice low and husky, his smile teasing.

I visibly trembled, tightening my arms around my books to lessen the shaking. "What do you want, Puck?" I asked, hoping for my voice to come out strong and firm. Instead, it was weak and timid.

Puck's eyes darkened at my words and he tightened his grip on arm. "Is that any way to speak to me?" he growled.

I flinched, letting out an involuntary whimper as I shook my head and looked down.

"Use your words, doll," he commanded, grasping my chin and forcing me to look back into his eyes. "I want to hear that sweet voice of yours."

"N-no," I stuttered, my eyes wide with fear.

"No...what?" he urged. "Speak."

Make me, I wanted to say. "No," I whispered instead, out of fear, "that wasn't any way to talk to you."

"Good," he purred, tucking a blonde lock of my hair behind my ear. "Now greet me a nice good morning like a good doll."

"G-good morning."

He smirked. "Much better." And then, he grabbed my chin and forcefully kissed me, his lips possessive and demanding against mines.

I didn't do anything - I didn't kiss him back, nor did I pull away. I was too disgusted to kiss him back and if I pulled away, he'd get really angry, and no one wanted to see Puck angry.

There was a satisfied smirk on his face when he pulled away. He liked it when people were afraid of him...especially me. "Let's go to class, shall we?" He didn't wait for an answer before wrapping his arm around my waist and leading me to our class.

The teacher didn't say anything when Puck showed up late - they never did, because like the students, they were afraid of him and his family. Instead, she averted her eyes, the students following suit as she addressed me, instead, "Why are you late, Polly?"

"She's with me," Puck answered smoothly, not giving me the chance to reply. The teacher didn't say anything after that, opting to continue the lesson as Puck lead me to the bench at the very back of the class.