» twenty five «

The rest of the day went by unusually. First, I found chocolates in my locker. There was no doubt that it was Puck, but the chocolates were my favorite. Caramel. And I only realized Puck was watching me with a satisfied expression once I'd swallowed it.

Quickly scrunching my eyebrows in an effort to conceal how much I enjoyed the chocolate, I moved over to the nearest trash can and threw the box of chocolates away, watching Puck's expression fall from the corner of my eye.

The next thing I'd found were a bunch of cardboard heart cutouts in my Biology textbook, each coming with an encouraging note. I sighed in aggravation. What was it? Valentine's Day?

I threw away the notes too.

But the gifts wouldn't stop coming.

At lunch, one of the lunch ladies pulled me over privately to hand me a lunchbox. She smiled at my confused expression and said, "You have such a sweet boyfriend." Pfft. If only she knew. The lunchbox had a sandwich, a box of noodles, crackers, and a water bottle. I told the lunch lady she had the wrong person, handed her back the lunch box, and darted away from her before she could further interject.

By the end of the day, I'd found a love poem, more flowers, and a heart keychain - all of which I'd thrown away, tearing the love poem for more effect.

Now, I was patiently waiting out the rain, standing under the roof of my school outside. Sighing, I leaned back against the bricks. It was going to be a long wait.

Playing absentmindedly with my hair, I didn't notice the black car pulling up by the sidewalk until a door slammed shut. Jumping, I looked up in surprise...and immediately looked back down at the sight of Puck, directing my gaze towards the ground.

Ignore it and it will go away.

A pair of familiar shoes stepped into my line of vision and I pursed my lips.

"I'm driving you home." It was more of a statement than a question.

"Says who?" I retorted.

Puck was irritated. I knew he was. I didn't accept any of his gifts, and he knew. It was bugging him. It always bugged him when I didn't listen to him. But if he thought I'd sweeten up and withstand him again, he had another thing coming. "Says me," Puck grumbled, his hand fisting.

"I'm not coming," I said. But before another second could be wasted, Puck grabbed my arm and dragged me towards his car. "Hey! Let me go!" I squirmed in his hold, trying to plant my feet into the concrete below me. But it was no use. And a second later, I was being pushed into the passenger side of his car, the door slamming shut as Puck locked it immediately.

I slapped my hands against the window just as Puck ducked into the driver's seat. "Let me out!" I shouted, banging my fists against the window, hoping to break it.

When I turned to look at Puck, he threw a lunchbox in my lap - the same lunchbox I'd given back to the lunch lady who was supposed to give it to me according to Puck. "Eat," he demanded.

I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest and leaning back into the seat, letting the lunchbox sit idle on my lap.

"You're pale. I don't want you to faint again. So eat. You need to eat."

"Why won't you just leave me alone?!" I yell just as Puck speeds up the car.

From my peripheral, I see his head whip towards me, eyes wide and wild. "Why? Why?!" He laughs humorlessly. "I'll tell you why." And then he's speeding up the car again. The meter goes up and up and up.

Heart racing, I grab onto the door handle. "Slow down!" I exclaim. "Are you crazy?!"

Yes, he's crazy. Because he doesn't stop. And he definitely doesn't slow down. My breath hitches as we narrowly avoid colliding with a lamppost, swerving to the right just in time.

My eyes shut on their own accord, waiting for an impact, expecting it.

But when the car suddenly stops with a jolt, I startle, my eyes opening.

It was the same waterfall where Puck brought me before, the same, large expanse of the greenest grass I'd ever seen. Where I forgave him. Where I gave him a chance. Where I thought he wasn't as bad as he seemed. Where I finally let my guard down around him. Where I finally allowed myself to believe in him.

All for nothing.

And here we were again. The only difference?

I wouldn't forgive him so easily this time. Not here. Not in a long time.

Okay, so I was going to write a few more words of this chapter before publishing it but it's been so long and you guys are getting irritated

Okay, so I was going to write a few more words of this chapter before publishing it but it's been so long and you guys are getting irritated. Plus I feel so bad making you guys wait sooo long, so here's a short chapter! :) P.S: like the new theme?