» three «

Early update just because <3

I froze. My heart thudded at an abnormal speed inside my chest as I exhaled roughly, my knuckles tightening around the sink. I knew he would find me, he always found me - it was inevitable.

"Polly, open the fucking door right now," Puck yelled, banging on the door with such intensity it made me flinch, "or I swear to fucking Hell, I'll break this door down!"

Knowing his threat was really a promise, I walked over to the door on wobbly legs, my bottom lip trembling with fear. Reluctantly, I placed my hand on the cool metal of the doorknob and unlocked it, letting Puck slam the door open.

His dark eyes frantically searched the bathroom before finally finding me standing right before him, my head barely reaching his chest from the height difference.

There was barely restrained fury in Puck's eyes as he shut the door behind him, grabbing my waist and pinning me against the wall. He stared at me, oddly silent as his eyes burned holes into me. I looked away, the fear inside me growing. Yelling Puck was one thing, but silent Puck? He was just...

"Why are you avoiding me, Polly?" Puck asked calmly, playing with a strand of my curls. His voice was soft, almost tender, and if I didn't know better, I'd think he was genuine in the way he talked. But I could see unleashed fury behind his eyes and words, waiting to be released - almost like the calm before the storm.

"I'm n-not," I stuttered nervously, my voice weak and pathetic as I looked at anything but him.

Puck's grip tightened around my waist and from the corner of my eye, I saw his jaw clench before relaxing again. "You know I don't like liars, Polly," he whispered, his mouth brushing my ear.

"I'm n-not l-lying." God, I was so, so afraid. Why am I like this? Why is he like this?

My bottom lip trembled as Puck released the strand of my curl, instead, bunching his hand in my thick mane of blonde hair. He pulled at it and my head tipped back, baring my neck to him. Slowly, he bent down and placed his head in the crook of my neck, brushing his lips against the tender skin there.

"I know when you're lying, Polly," he said, his voice thick with restraint. "And you're lying right now." His free hand trailed back down to my waist, stopping at my bare stomach that the crop-top I wore revealed.

That was when I realized my mistake.

Shit. According to Puck, who thought he had control over me, I wasn't allowed to wear revealing clothes...

"Puck," I started frantically, my voice raising a bit higher with fear. "It was a m-mistake. I was in a r-rush this m-morning and-and I didn't r-realize. I'm s-sorry," I choked, my heart thumping wildly.

Puck finally snapped. His face rose from it's place in my neck and he glared at me. "A mistake?!" he yelled. "A fucking mistake!"

I trembled underneath him, tears welling up in my eyes as a lump formed in my throat. "I-I'm s-sorry."

"Well, 'sorry' doesn't fix anything, now, does it?" he asked through gritted teeth. When I didn't respond, he punched the wall beside me and yelled, "Does it?!"

I shaked my head, the first tear finally escaping my left eye.

"Speak!" he demanded, looking enraged.

I shaked my head again. I couldn't - just couldn't speak. There was something stopping me as more tears continued to stream down my face.

Puck gripped my chin and forced me to look him in his angry eyes. "Say it! I want to hear you say it!"

"N-no," I finally choked out through the heavy lump in my throat. "It doesn't."

"That's what I thought," he growled, his face all up in mines. "And I don't want you talking to that boy again - or any other boy for that matter."

I nodded frantically, shutting my eyes and looking down.

"Stay here." His voice was much more controlled but still angry as he pulled away from me and stalked out of the girls bathroom.

As soon as he left, I slid down the wall and buried my face in my knees. A sob broke free from my throat and soon enough, I was full on crying.

Why me? Why was it me that had to go through all this? As far as I know, I haven't ever done anything considered too bad. So why did Puck target me? Why did my mother have to die? Why did my father abuse me? Why?

Sitting there on the bathroom floor, I bawled my eyes out silently. I could feel my shoulders shaking violently with each sob that racked my body.

I had nothing - absolutely nothing.

I didn't realize Puck had been standing there for awhile, watching me cry until he finally pulled me up gently and silently ordered me to wear his hoodie. My cry's immediately stopped out of fear, but tears still streamed down my face rapidly.

When I finally had Puck's dark hoodie on - the clothing drowning my body in it - he pulled me to his chest and gently stroked my hair, murmuring, "I'm so sorry, baby. I'm so sorry. Forgive me, baby, please."

I cried into his chest as he repeated the same thing over and over again.

I knew he was sorry, I really did. But the thing was, he didn't learn from his mistakes; he did it all over again later. I'd forgiven him too many times already. I couldn't do it again.

Next update: Thursday or Friday