» twenty three «

His lips devoured mines in a heated kiss. I fell back against the bed in surprise, and Puck followed, his large body completely over mines, lips never leaving mines. I couldn't bring myself to move, my body completely frozen under his.

What is happening?

His hands cupped my face and I didn't realize I was being unresponsive until Puck's hands tightened on my cheeks.

The familiar feeling of his lips against mines brought back cold memories - memories that caused me to shudder. I tried to pull away at once, but Puck's hands holding me down were too strong.

I started thrashing around, and pushed at his chest. Puck pulled away immediately, and before I could realize what I was doing, my hand raised on its own and I slapped him. His face swung in the other direction, and he kept it there for a moment, from shock, mostly.

When he turned back to me, I glared at him. "First you hurt me," I finally speak, my voice trembling. "Then you kiss me." Puck's mouth opened, as if to say something, then closed again before he repeated the action. Mustering all my strength, I pushed him off me and scooted back to the edge of the bed. "Do you expect me to forgive you because you kissed me?"

Puck stayed silent. His shoulders slumped and he looked down. "I'm sorry," he said softly, like he knew he wasn't in a place to be forgiven. And he wasn't.

"Just leave." I wrapped my arms around myself and buried my head in my knees. "You've caused enough trouble for me as it is."

I expected to hear his boots clambering their way to the window, ready to leave, but instead, all I got was silence. I peeked through the gap in my knees, and found his feet still standing in the same place.

"I'm sorry," he said again, his voice much more firm this time.

My head swung towards him. The fact that he had the audacity to apologize again made my blood boil. "Apology not accepted," I snapped, glaring at him.

"I'm sorry," he repeated.

My lips pursed and I stood from my place on the bed. Puck's eyes watched me as I strode up to him. "Just. Leave," I said, my teeth gritted. He stared down at me, not making a move. "Leave," I exclaimed, pushing at his chest. "I don't want you here," I said, punching his chest. "So just leave!"

Puck took every hit without even a flicker of emotion. "I'm sorry."

I sighed in aggravation. "What do you want me to say? That I forgive you?! That's not happening - ever!"

"Polly." Puck sighed, finally giving up. He hung his head. "Just, please. Don't forgive me. But please realize - I mean it when I apologize to you."

I scoffed, ignoring how broken his voice sounded. "That must be why you do the same thing over and over again."

For a hot minute, the only thing I could hear was my own breathing. If it weren't for Puck speaking up a second later, I wouldn't even have known he were still here. "I'll leave," he finally relented. I said nothing, but a wave of relief washed over me...that is, until, he spoke again. "But I'm not giving up on you, Polly." My teeth gritted just as he leaned forward, hands face-down on my bed, his warm breath against my face. "I'm not done with you. I'll never be done with you. I'm going to come back. I'm going to make sure that I make up for every bad thing that I did to you.

"And I'm going to make sure that you forgive me."

Filler chapter

Filler chapter. I'll try to post the next one as soon as I can. P.S: wattpad still won't lemme post to y'alls message boards but I promise I SEE every single one of you and am so freaking grateful!