Chapter 13: Frozen

Kim Hyejin's POV

I walked back in and the boys were nowhere to be found inside. It looks like they have gone outside their backyard. Putting my phone away, I grabbed the gun from my bag and hid it.

I was now quietly walking up the stairs. This is a big house, a two-storey house with an attic making it somewhat three-storey? With my luck, I try to open the doors to find their weapon room.

After opening the third door, I finally found it. I glanced upon the guns hanging on the wall. It was SMGs, LMGs, Assault Rifles, and my jaw dropped to see my favourite big boy guns, Snipers. Every gun you know is here, and I must say, I am happy to see guns.

My hand unconsciously touched one of the snipers and I felt the ends of the hairs on the back of my neck standing. I picked it up, not caring about the mass of the gun and I looked into the scope.

You can see so clearly! It's amazing. I opened the magazine and saw that it loaded. I looked at the distance and sighed. So, this is it, I'm going to kill Jungkook once and for all. I just have to shoot this bullet straight to his skull and I can leave.

I wasted no time and started to run-walk up to the attic. I had to put down the ladder to get there. I closed the trapdoor to the attic and opened the small window slightly. Beyond opening the window, I can see the backyard and smell the barbecue cooking.

I put the muzzle out a little bit and put the stock of the sniper in front of my right shoulder. I looked with the scope and looked for his brown hair. Once I did, my finger was on the trigger but I couldn't shoot.

My whole body was frozen when I saw him laugh in joy. My trigger finger was frozen in place like I couldn't move it.

Why? Why can't I shoot him?!

He nodded his head to whoever he was talking to. When I saw that smile, my heart felt like it somersaulted, like it skipped a beat, or maybe its speed rises.

What are you thinking Kim Hyejin?! He's your opponent for fuck's sake.

But I couldn't listen to my conscience. My eye was still on the scope, my finger on the trigger but I just couldn't move. When both of his eyes looked up to mine, I immediately put the muzzle away from the window and clutched my chest where my heart was beating so loudly and fast.

I glanced at the gun and sighed. I grabbed it and walked down and put it back to where it's supposed to be. After that, I walked aimlessly to one of my luggage and opened it to grab some clothes to freshen up. I walked to Jungkook's room and his bathroom because that's the only bathroom I know.

After showering, I decided to try and walk to them. It looks like Jin wanted me to eat, so I decided to and I was getting hungry anyway.

They were talking and laughing. Drinking their beers and eating the barbecue Jin is cooking. When my foot touched their vicinity, their heads turn to me. They smiled except for two people; Yoongi and Jungkook.

"Look who decided to show up! You can sit here beside me," Jimin exclaimed while patting a chair that is unfortunately beside him and Jungkook. I tried to look like I didn't try to shoot a bullet through Jungkook's head and sat between the two of them.

I didn't spare a glance at him. I was too embarrassed—perhaps. I couldn't face him because I failed to kill him. There's something about him that I can't just kill him. Is it because... no! That couldn't be the reason.

Hoseok lent me a skewer, I thanked him and nibbled on it. My thoughts were clouded, I couldn't feel nervous because I was already caught. Jungkook saw me and probably has been planning on what to do about me.

The smile he gives every time he sees me is gone now. It's like he hates me now knowing that I was going to kill him with his own gun. I feel so terrible.

"You want some?" I hear Jimin said. He was showing me a can of flavoured beer. It was apple flavoured. I sighed and grabbed it while smiling at him.

I successfully opened it with just my thumb because my other hand was occupied. After opening it, I drank some of it. I was only staring at the fire pit in their backyard.

Someone tapped my arm slightly so I looked at the person. I was not expecting that it will be Jungkook, so I quickly averted my gaze from his.

"So, Jin Hyung's cooking is the best right?" I hear him say to me, in fact, I can sense he was smirking with his tone. I forced a smile and just nodded, I didn't speak to him.

He noticed this making him frown, he went serious.

For the whole little get up of theirs. Jungkook and I didn't exchange words after what he said. I only talked to the other members, even Yoongi but it was only short. It was already 12 in the morning, so everyone walked to their rooms while I just walked to their couch.

The couch is soft enough, so it already feels like a bed. At least it's better than my bed at my old apartment. I wasn't sleepy yet so I read a novel while sitting. I sensed someone walking toward me so I looked up and saw Jungkook.

He noticed I looked up so he stopped walking and awkwardly looked around like he was looking for something to ignore me. "Jimin Hyung!" He said and ran to Jimin who was busy cleaning with Jin.

I looked back at my book but I couldn't read the first word of the paragraph I was reading. My heart was both beating fast and felt like it was breaking.

What are you doing to me, Jeon Jungkook?