Chapter 31: The Plan

Kim Hyejin's POV

Sipping from the cup of tea, I looked out the window, looking at the blue sky. How annoying, I didn't get to sleep from the unpleasantness inside of me. All because of that single nightmare.

The seat in front of me skidded against the floor and someone sat down. I didn't bother to look at the person. They put a teacup in front of them and crossed their leg and arms.

"You know, as time goes by, they're searching the city to find you." I turned around to look at Jieun in the eyes. She spent the night here yesterday, it was her time to sleep on the couch—my old bed.

I scoffed and put the cup down too. "Damn hell I know, fuck them," I spat, clutching my fists.

How aggravating. The time I spent mourning on my dead sister, they were keeping the secret I have been searching for for the past months. Wonho, that son of a bitch, how dare he kill my sister and act like it was nothing.

"Calm down, you're turning red," she said and I inhaled to calm down myself a little bit. Jieun looked at me then her eyes looked away, sighing. "Will you tell me what you dreamt about last night?"

I looked at her, my eyes wide. How did she know about that? I kept it to myself, I don't want to tell anyone about that horrible nightmare.

"Jungkook asked me to ask you about it, you didn't say a word to him regarding that subject." I sighed and slumped in the single coach, looking at the sky again.

"It was a horrible dream—I had a kid." She looked at me confused.

"I—uh... isn't that good?" She stammered and I just scoffed for the second time. I met her eyes and stared at them for a while and looked down at my balled fists.

"Yes, I thought it was a wonderful dream. Having a kid of my own and abandoning this wretched choice of killing people once and for all, but—" I laughed humourlessly and shrugged to myself. "The nightmare came. When I thought it will be Jungkook—Wonho was the father. And here I thought I could leave him and this job—no! He will follow me until I die, this choice will follow me until I die. But not until I, Kim Hyejin, kill him myself to end this nightmare."

Jieun's face showed absolute shock as she hears these words came out of my mouth. I didn't say anything else and continued to look down, not minding my half-empty cup on the table anymore.

"Well... let's kill him then," Jieun said making me look up to her again. The smirk on her face made me smirk as well. Damn, a real friend does know what's the best thing to do. "I'm your friend, I will side with your decision."

"How do you think we should kill him?" I asked. She laughs all of a sudden making me confused. What's gotten into her?

Jieun shooked her head and waved her hand nothing as she continued to laugh. Her laughs subsided and looked at me with teary eyes. "I remembered our conversation about killing Jungkook, it's just funny that you want to kill your boss now."

I let out a small chuckle and shook my head side to side. It was kinda funny, but jokes aside, I really wanna kill Wonho now, it has to be me that has to kill him.

Jieun clicked her tongue, my attention went to her again. "Let's discuss it later when the rest of the boy's come home." I nodded but before she left I told her something.

"When are you going to confess to Jin?" She turned around, her whole body shaking. I laughed at how red her face was. She groaned and tread away from my sight.

"Tss." I chuckled and finished my tea. I heard the sounds of footsteps increasing from the stairway. I decided to check on who it was and it was Yoongi, looks like he just woke up.

Jungkook, Hoseok, Jimin, and Jin were out to buy some groceries today. Taehyung was still asleep, while Namjoon was outside taking care of their garden.

Yoongi caught me looking, but before I could look away, he looks away almost instantly. I sighed. He hates getting lied on. I feel really bad, he was such a great friend, he was like a brother to me.

I stood up and walked towards him. He notices me and froze, trying to avoid my eyes. I fiddled with my fingers and opened my mouth but no word came out. I was still nervous to speak to him.

"If you're going to say something, just say it." His cold voice made me shudder. I took a deep breath and just prepared myself to tell him my apology.

"I want to say sorry that I lied. You were right to be suspicious of me when we first met. I know that I had hurt you when I finally told the truth yesterday, but I want to say that you have been the best friend I have ever had besides Jieun and I want to say thank you for that. I have considered you like my own brother because of how you considered me as one of your family. I am very sorry, I know you won't—"

"Stop," he suddenly said when I was mid-conversation making me surprised. I looked up to him and he was serious. He sighed and scratched his left brow. "You know that really hurt when you lied?"

I looked down, I felt really embarrassed. "Yeah I know, I'm sorry."

"Let me tell you something." I leaned in to listen to what he was going to say. He leaned into my ear. "I already forgive you when you said that truth, you decided to tell the truth rather than continuing your lie."

I smiled widely and hugged him tightly. I heard him chuckled and he stroked my back while he hugs me. The door suddenly opened. We both looked at the opened door and saw Jungkook and the others. What's funnier is that Jungkook looked absolutely pissed.

Yoongi and I looked at each other and laughed at Jungkook's expression. I decided to go and help them put the groceries on the kitchen counters.

"Hey," I said to Jungkook who was obviously ignoring me. I rolled my eyes and made him face me. "You should really stop your unrequited rivalry with Yoongi, he's like a brother to me and you're already my boyfriend, so what do you want?"

Jungkook laughed at my outburst and kissed me swiftly. I blushed a light pink and just started helping them put the products they bought into their respective places.

Time passes and the nine of us were seating at the dining table, Jungkook was just standing beside me. I cleared my throat and looked at all of them one by one then at Jieun again. She smiled encouragingly to make me continue.

"So, I have called all of you here today to discuss my plan. As all of you have known, I have been deceived by Wonho-your well-known enemy for a year already. If you have realized, I want to kill him." I felt Jungkook tightly held my hand.

"What's your plan?" Taehyung spoke out.

"I was thinking that I should go back to him, make him think I will kill Jungkook again. Jieun and I will exchange masks since our body physique is quite the same—no one will notice that we will exchange masks."

"Are you saying that I will go to their side in your place?" Jieun asked and I nodded.

"Since I'm going back to him, I will not come back for a few days, I hope you understand this," I say to Jungkook. His brows were knitted down but he nodded nonetheless. "Then at the time of the battle, I will take off Jieun's mask and Jieun will run to me—killing off obstacles that will get in our way. Well, if they decide to try and make a move"

"You're okay with killing your former comrades?" Namjoon asks and I just scoffed at what he said.

"They were never my comrades."