Chapter 10: Walking Together

Kim Hyejin's POV

I woke up, yawning. Then the pang of headache in my head woke me up literally. Ow, what the heck?! Why does my head hurt?

I looked around, I'm not in my bedroom. I was in my living room. My eyes went to my coffee table and saw an empty bottle of wine and a half-filled bottle.

"Wait, I drank again?" I grabbed the half-filled bottle and looked at it. "I really have to stop drinking my problems away," I said to myself and poured myself a glass.

While walking to the bathroom, I was drinking the glass. After finishing it, I put it on the bathroom sink and grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste.

I promised myself that I'm going to school today!

After brushing my teeth, I did a quick half body shower which means I didn't wash my hair. But no need to worry, I have dry shampoo! It literally saves you.

I put on my uniform and looked at the time. It was only 5:40 in the morning. Well, it doesn't hurt to have a quick coffee in a near convenience store.

Grabbing my keys and my bag—oh and not forgetting my pistol, well, Jungkook's pistol—I walked out of my apartment and walked to a near store. When I mean near, I didn't mean me walking myself to the end of my street.

Well, nothing beats a nice morning coffee. I walked inside the 7-Eleven store and the staff welcomed me in. I gave them a small smile and went to the coffee machine.

Looking at the coffee machine made me so happy. I love coffee so much. I grabbed the medium cup and pressed the button for some brewed coffee. The instant I smelled the aroma of the coffee, my headache went away.

When I filled the cup, I put on a lid and paid for it. I walked to the stools to enjoy my coffee. I looked outside the glass wall while sipping my wonderful coffee.

What are you looking at like that? Don't judge my love for coffee, it's literally the best feeling when you drink it.

The door opened but I didn't look at the person until that person sat beside me.

"Hey, good morning Kitty." I almost spit the coffee in my mouth but good thing I didn't. I gazed at Jungkook who was smiling at me.

"What are you doing here?" I immediately glared at him.

"I didn't eat breakfast at home," he says as he picked up a sandwich from the counter. He walked to the cashier so his sandwich will be preheated for him and he also paid for it after.

I waited for him to sit beside me.

"Why didn't you ate breakfast when Jin can cook for you?" I asked while looking away. He did a confused noise and sighed.

"Yeah, we fought for a little bit and since I'm a petty guy, I was still upset." He laughed as he said that.

I chuckled a little bit. "What could you possibly fight with Jin Oppa?" He didn't answer but he looks like he was offended or something. "What?"

"Did you just called Hyung 'Oppa'?" He said in an upset manner. I raised an eyebrow at him. What's his problem with that?

"Yeah, so what?" His face got even more upset. What is he so upset about?!!

"Because you—you know what, never mind!" He pouted and just ate his food. "By the way, why do you look so tired?"

I sighed as I remember what happened earlier when I woke up. "Yeah, apparently, I drank a bottle and a half of wine," I said making him cough on his sandwich.

Worry was evident on my face as I patted his back, trying to help him. He looked at me like I was joking or something. "Why the hell would you drink that much liquor?!"

I shrugged and drank some of my coffee. "I felt tired, I was having problems."

"With what?"

With you.

"It's none of your business." I rolled my eyes, looking at him. He laughed and finished his food. At the same time, I also finished my coffee. I threw my cup away and walked out of the convenience store.

Jungkook followed me after. My brows furrowed at him. "What are you doing?" I said looking at him from top to bottom.

"What do you mean about that?" He said, trying to be innocent.

I rolled my eyes. "Why are you following me?" I said trying to fasten my pace. He furrowed his brows while scoffing.

"I'm not following you."

"Then what are you doing?!" I said as I pointed at how he's walking with me.

"Uh, going to school?"

"But did you have to follow me?" I crossed both of my arms and stopped walking, he also stopped walking.

"Well, let me tell you that we go to the same school, therefore I am walking in the same direction as you, this does not explain me following you." He said that and even had the audacity to smugly smile at me. I growled at him and just continued walking, leaving him behind.

"Oi! Hyejin, wait for me!" I made a 'tch' sound. I can't believe a person like him is involved in a dangerous mafia called BTS. He looks so childish and carefree.

He managed to catch up with me catching his breath. "Man, you're fast for a short person," he panted. I felt like a vein just popped on my temple area in annoyance.

I punched his shoulder. "How dare you call me short!" I continuously punched him and he just laughs at it.

I pouted at him and continued to walk with him. So, this is what you call walking to school with someone? Wow, it's the most annoying feeling ever.

"So, why did you and Jin fought?" I said, trying to make a subject. He looked at me and sighed with a smile. He shook his head for a little bit.

"It was nonsense, he was just upset that I didn't look at what he was cooking, so the food burned." He scratched the back of his head, embarrassed.

I snorted, looking away while laughing. "That explains why you didn't get to eat breakfast." He nodded with a cheeky smile.

"Why are Jimin and Taehyung not with you?" I asked.

"Oh, they went to school early. They had clubs to attend to. I didn't want to join one because that's just too much work."

We arrived at the school gate shortly and I saw Jieun standing in front of the gate alone. She was surprised to see Jungkook with me.

"Jieun, what are you doing here?" I asked her but she just looked at Jungkook. "Don't we have a different class? Were you waiting?"

She looked at me. "Yeah, let's walk together?"

"I will go to the field, Jimin would probably be there." Jungkook waved at me and jogged away from the two of us. Jieun looked at me with glistening eyes.

"Wahh! You were walking with Jungkook to school, lucky!"

"I would call it a curse, he's my target after all."