Chapter 1: Jeon Jungkook

Kim Hyejin's POV

I quickly parked my motorcycle in a dark alley right next to an abandoned hotel. Putting my helmet off, I walked inside of the building. The place was dark since it's already late in the evening, I only used the flashlight on my phone.

I was halfway there and then my phone died.

"Shit!" I put my phone away and endured walking in the dark. I touched the wall trying to find the button and when I did, the elevator doors opened.

At once! The light inside of the lift gave me sight. I walked in and pressed the tallest floor of the hotel.

A few minutes later, the elevator opened again and I saw the rest of my group huddling around a barrel with fire in it. I looked for someone and saw him.

"Hawk!" I exclaimed and walked towards him. He turned to me and gave me a big smile and kissed my cheek, hugging me after.

This man here is called 'Hawk', none of the other members knows his real name except for me.

"So, who is it?"

He looked at me seriously. "This time, I'm sure he's the one who killed Aera."

"You said that before and it was not him." I glared at him.

"Yes, I know. But I'm sure about this one, you'll be surprised too."

"Spill it," I said, eager to finally know the scumbag who killed my sister. He grabbed an envelope from a worn-out table and gave it to me. I looked at it confused but I didn't question and opened it.

I saw a picture of someone I know. Seeing it made me very surprised but that surprise subsided to anger.

"This guy? Jeon Jungkook?" I gritted my teeth looking at the picture. For a moment, I can see my hands shaking in anger.

Hawk nodded seriously and grabbed the picture from my hand. "I will kill him for you."

"No," I said and looked at him, rage evident on my face. He furrowed his brows in confusion. "I will kill him myself."

"Are you sure?"

I only nodded and took the picture from him again. I examined Jeon Jungkook's face. Looking at him makes me even madder. I already hate him, but knowing that he killed my sister makes me loathe him.

Looking at his face one last time, I threw the picture in the barrel. I looked at it burn, I smirked.

This man, Jeon Jungkook, is a young man, but do not be fooled by his age. He's in a dangerous mafia group called BTS, consisting of seven members. They go to school, but only 3 of them do, and that three includes him.

I looked back to Hawk. "Where is his school? I hope you did your research."

"His school is in Cheonan, you know GCU?"

"Global Cyber University? Isn't that an expensive school?" I asked in surprise.

Hawk hummed as yes. "If you are planning to go to that school, do you have money to attend there?" For once, I hesitated to answer him. He was right, I don't have money to attend that school.

He sighed and took his phone out. I looked at him, confused. What is he doing?

He seems to understand why I was confused. "I'm calling my dad. He's going to give you a scholarship to that school." What he said shocked me.

"What?! You don't have to—"

"How are you going to kill him then?"

"Why do you want to kill him so much?"

"Don't you?" He said and walked away to talk to his father.

I sighed and walked to a sofa, sitting down with a troubled expression. Someone walked towards me, it was a girl from our group. What's her name? Right, Jieun.

"What's wrong, Pheonix?" She asked while sitting beside me. She's kinda like a friend of mine, she's the only one who talks to me other than Hawk because the others are scared of me, I guess.

"Hey, 99, I'm fine.."

"No, I think you're not, I heard your conversation with Hawk. You finally found out who killed your sister?" She was very interested because she cares for me, nice to know that someone does care.

I just nodded without looking at her. "Do you mind if I ask who?" She said with an awkward smile.

"Isn't someone's target confidential?"

"W-well, yeah it is—"

"I'll tell you, it's this asshole Jeon Jungkook." I clenched my fist, irritated as I said his name again.

I saw her furrowed her brows. "Jungkook? That's a familiar name.."

"Well, their group has been a rival of ours before you came, but I haven't encountered him because Hawk doesn't let me join sometimes," I said with poison. I hate them.

"Well, I did knew that but he's familiar because he goes to the same school as me."

"You go to Global Cyber University?!" I asked in surprise. Wow, I didn't know that. She nodded with a smile.

"But, if you go to such a nice school, why did you decide to become an assassin?"

She sighed and looked away from me. "I needed the money... my parents wasted their money so I can get to GCU. I guess this is a bad way to repay them..."

"Well, desperate times call for desperate measures, I understand," I said with a lopsided smile.

She looked at me seriously. "Did something happened so that's why you joined this group?" She asked. "I know that your sister died after you're already a member of this group," she said confused.

"It's just the same, I needed the money but my parents don't care about me, so I have to live on my own."

"Oh, I'm sorry..." she said with pity evident on her face. I looked at her and laughed anyways.

"Oh, don't give me your pity, I'm glad that they threw me out. I hate living in the same roof with the two of them," I laughed hysterically while looking away from her.

Well, it did hurt.. when they said they didn't want a disappointment as their daughter. They said that I embarrass them whenever I don't do well. All they wanted was a perfect daughter, not a useless brat. But I learned to get up my feet. When I met Hawk, everything is at peace. We kill people and get money out of it, it's nice.

Hawk's a scary guy when he's an assassin, but he's a very nice guy to me since he's my boyfriend. He has done everything for me, I love him very much.

Hawk came back and sat next to me. Jieun walked away to give us some privacy. "So, my dad accepted to give you a scholarship there."

"What did you do to convince him?" I dubiously asked him.

"You know that my father likes you, okay? And, I told him that you dropped out of your other school before joining this group."

"So, you're saying that you want me to go to school again? Why you think I'm dumb?"

"What? Of course, not! Why do you have to be like this always? You want to kill this Jungkook guy alright? After you kill him, you can drop out again, it's what you do anyway. Walking away from your responsibilities."

"Fuck you, Wonho," I quietly said and walked away from the sofa and to the elevator. I pressed the G button, annoyed.

I did love him, but we have been fighting since the incident of my sister dying. Aera was like a sister to him, I understand him to be frustrated but he doesn't have to let out his frustration to me, I have more problems than him.

I put on my helmet again and drove my motorcycle to my apartment.