Chapter 30: Family

"Eomma! Look, I found something!" The sound of bells welcomed my ears as I opened my eyes. I looked at her round face as she smiled widely, pointing at the sky.

I looked at the yellow to orange sky, the sun was setting. How long have I been sleeping? I searched for what she could be possibly be pointing at. Then I saw it, a flock of mockingbirds flying through the sky.

"The birds are pretty!" She exclaimed with delight. I smiled and caressed her cheek. This girl is my daughter, the person I will protect with all my might.

She squeezed into my chair and gave me a side hug. "When will appa come home?" I stopped, appa? Ah, I think he will come home soon.

"He'll be coming home soon, and I think he has something for you." Her smile widened even more. She stood up from my side and looked at the sky again. Her expression was serious-like she was judging the sky.

"Do you really love appa?" She suddenly asked, taking me aback. My brows knitted to a 'v' as I looked at her confused. "I don't feel the love in you guys."

She may only be seven years old but she has learned things fairly early. "O-of course, I love your dad. That's why I married him right?" I stammered but I still smiled. She looks at me for a moment and smiled her beautiful smile again. I could look at it for hours.

"Areum-ssi!" A sudden shout interfered with our little moment together. We both look at the door and it opened, her dad showing. She smiled widely and ran to her father and hugged him tightly.

He smiled and hugged her back and looked at me. "How's work?" I asked. He cleared his throat and pulled away gently from Areum's hug and walked to me slowly.

"It was quite hectic, I had a lot of operations today," he said, exhaling an exhausted sigh and sat down on a chair just in front of mine.

"Appa! What birds are those?" Areum tugged on his arm and pointed at the flock of birds again.

He followed at where she was pointing and analyzed the birds. "Ah, those are mockingbirds..." he trails off, looking at me. I didn't crack a smile knowing what he was thinking. That was a long time ago but it had stuck with me 'to this day.

"Don't worry, I had forgotten it." He sighed in relief and leaned closer to me and kissed my forehead.

"I'm still sorry about what happened, Hyejin." Our hands intertwined and Areum snuggled in between us.

"It's okay, Wonho."

"WONHO?!" I screamed sitting up from a bed. My screaming happens to wake up someone beside me because they shooked awake from my sudden shout.

Someone places a hand on my shoulder. I didn't bother to look, I was bothered by my dream-no, my nightmare. "Are you okay?" Jungkook's concerned tone tries to calm me. "Why did you mention his name?" He said in a somewhat annoying way.

I looked at him. Why was I laying on his bed? I thought I was on the couch the last time I slept. But I didn't put any further attention to that. I clasped my hand to my forehead as I tried to forget the horrible nightmare I just had.

There's no chance that will ever happen. Dreams are not supposed to be real, right? I do like the idea of having that kid but with Wonho as her father? I would rather kill myself than to associate with a man like him.

Jungkook nudged me to see if I was okay but I didn't answer him. He suddenly hugged me tightly and kissed the top of my head.

"Everything will be okay, whatever nightmare it was, it will never happen." His soothing voice calms me down and I exhaled deeply, feeling the corners of my eyes burn.

I will never let it happen, not over my dead body.

(A/N: Hi! I am terribly sorry for the short chapter. I had a huge writer's block, I didn't know what else to add to this part because I just think about giving Hyejin a nightmare to motivate her on killing Wonho. I hope you understand, thank you!)